Angaza is a venture-backed company that is tackling global energy poverty by enabling financing of solar power for off-grid consumers. We have developed a mix of hardware and software solutions for some of the most demanding and dynamic markets in the world. We are for-profit, based in San Francisco, California and Nairobi, Kenya, and focused on aiming market forces at the linked challenges of climate change and global development.
Angaza is partnering with Social Investment Management & Advisors (SIMA) to develop and implement a Distributor Finance Fund to enable distributors in emerging markets to access financing in order to grow their business in service of off-grid consumers. The Fund currently has a paid internship opportunity to assist with project management, financial analysis, and fundraising. The successful candidate will assist the core project team by extracting, analyzing, and presenting actionable data insights from multiple sources to help make informed and data-driven decisions.
This is a cross-functional role that will interact regularly with business intelligence, financial analytics, and marketing team members, as well as consultants, distributors, and funders involved with the Fund. We are estimating a twenty hour per week time commitment for a period of three months, beginning in early December with the possibility to extend for a further three months. The successful candidate will expected to work in Angaza's San Francisco office one day per week for the duration of the internship.
Project Management (30%)
- Help with the coordination of a very complex project involving launching a new debt fund.
- Work with key partners, lawyers, investors, and other advisors to create a special purpose vehicle and associated legal infrastructure.
- Coordinate communications with other SIMA and Angaza departments including marketing for public announcements.
Financial Analysis (60%)
- Support and in some cases drive financial due diligence of target borrowers, including distributors located in emerging markets.
- Evaluate historical financials and develop financial models to forecast future performance.
- Utilize Angaza's data analytics to validate assumptions.
- Serve as a bridge between Angaza's data analytics team and SIMA's financial evaluation team.
- Support current and future fundraising efforts.
- Develop investor presentations, term sheets, fund models, and respond to ad hoc requests.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Are self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Enjoy balancing multiple projects simultaneously
- Are comfortable with a role that is both internal- and external-facing, including occasional direct engagement with funders and customers
- Get excited about beautifully presented graphs and reports to communicate complex information in a straightforward way
- Have strong quantitative, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pride yourself on attention to detail
- Thrive in fast-paced, dynamic work environments
- BA/BS in business, statistics, computer science, or related field; MBA candidates preferred.
- 4+ years of experience, preferably in a senior data analytics position; startup experience a plus
- Proficient in Excel. Experience with BI tools and SQL a plus.
Send us your CV and a detailed cover letter using the form below.
Note that applicants must send a resume and cover letter to be considered. Due to application volume, we will only be able to follow up with the most promising candidates.