Company Description: Angaza tackles global energy poverty by enabling off-grid customers to purchase clean energy in affordable amounts over time. Our business-to-business Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) technology serves manufacturers and distributors selling solar products in some of the most demanding and dynamic markets in the world. Angaza is a for-profit social enterprise based in San Francisco, California and Nairobi, Kenya; our rapidly growing team shares a passion for technology and a desire to address unmet needs on a global scale through innovative, market-driven solutions.
Role Summary: We are recruiting a Sales Specialist to join our Nairobi team and expand our global distribution network. This is an exciting opportunity to hold a key role in a rapidly growing company as we scale our presence throughout East Africa and the developing world. The chosen candidate will close partnerships with our pipeline of prospective distributors, as well as actively identify and convert new leads. The position is a salary and commissioned role, and will report directly to the Head of Global Sales. It will include periodic international travel.
- Generating and qualifying new distributor leads and converting them into sales
- Fine tuning collaborative distributor vetting processes alongside manufacturing partners
- Performing industry research to support Angaza’s global growth strategy
- Communicating new product developments to prospective distribution partners
- Supporting strategic enhancement of the Angaza PAYG technology platform based on feedback from prospective distribution partners
- Working with the team to develop proposals, pitches and approaches that speak to prospective partners’ needs and objectives
- Representing Angaza at key industry events
- 2-3 years of sales experience selling software or a technical product (required)
- History of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Very strong English language written and verbal communication skills required
- Proficiency in any of the following languages a plus (French, Spanish, Swahili)
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and/or Google Suite and CRM BA/BS; sales- or business-related discipline preferred
- Comfort and experience working with data a plus
- Comfort with public speaking and managing external relationships
- Comfort with periodic travel
- Happiness in a very dynamic, fast-paced, flexible (and fun!) atmosphere
To Apply: Send us your résumé and a detailed cover letter using the form below. Note that applicants must send a cover letter to be considered. Due to application volume, we will only be able to follow up with the most promising candidates. We plan to fill this position quickly, with a start date as soon as possible.