Angaza is a venture-backed company that is tackling global energy poverty by enabling financing of solar power for off-grid consumers. We have developed a mix of hardware and software solutions for some of the most demanding and dynamic markets in the world. We are for-profit, based in San Francisco, California and Nairobi, Kenya, and focused on aiming market forces at the linked challenges of climate change and global development.
Collaborate closely with the Director of Marketing to develop the company’s digital presence and increase inbound sales leads from key market regions. Build, test and launch digital campaigns and manage the day-to-day activities of digital communications.
This is a cross-functional role on a small but growing marketing team that will interact with many other roles at Angaza. You will manage the day-to-day digital marketing operations that will help us grow our brand in new markets. Your responsibilities will range from developing and executing digital marketing campaigns, to coordinating events, to producing reports on analytics and performance. This role is based in San Francisco and reports directly to Angaza’s Director of Marketing.
- Builds, tests and executes campaigns for lead generation and customer engagement
- Collaborates closely with Director on targeted B2B inbound activities for audiences across East and West Africa, LATAM, APAC and other regions
- Manages day-to-day activities of external-facing marketing communication channels, including website, social media, and email automation
- Manages CRM and automation activities between marketing and business development teams
- Manages the production of creative digital assets for web and social media
- Coordinates logistics and marketing presence for regional and international events
- Measures and reports performance of digital marketing and communications campaigns
Required Skills & Attributes
- Have strong marketing instincts, are insatiably curious about your audiences, and can craft persuasive messages across distinct audience segments
- Are self-motivated and comfortable working in a balance of autonomy and collaboration
- Are a strong project manager and can lead multiple projects simultaneously while keeping stakeholders engaged
- Have an exceptional work ethic, approach projects with an ambitious, entrepreneurial mindset
- Communicate ideas clearly both in person and virtually, are able to “sell” complex ideas to stakeholders and bring people along through the creative process
- Have exceptional and versatile writing skills across multiple mediums, from print to digital
- Are design savvy, have strong aesthetic sense for photography and graphic design
- Pride yourself on polished work and attention to detail
- Possess a global mindset, are knowledgeable and passionate about emerging market issues
- Exemplify Angaza’s key values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative
- BA/BS in Social Science, Humanities, Marketing and Communications, Media or related field
- 5+ years of experience on a marketing team as a senior coordinator or manager
- Coursework or certification in digital marketing a strong plus
- Demonstrable experience managing and working with a marketing CRM and automation platform -- a strong preference for Hubspot or Salesforce experience
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with and managing content for a web CMS including Wordpress, Squarespace or others
- Proven success executing digital campaigns, testing and refinement
- Produced and designed digital campaigns including web pages, email templates, paid ads
- Experience with B2B marketing concepts
- Experience leading complex projects from start to finish
- Supervisor experience a plus
- Experience studying or working internationally, particularly in emerging markets a strong plus
- Medical, dental, vision
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Snacks and drinks
- Parental leave
- Flexible time off policy
- Knowledge that you’re making a positive impact on the world every day you come to work!
Send your CV and detailed cover letter to:
Use the subject line “Marketing Manager – YOURNAME”.
Note that applicants must send a resume and cover letter to be considered. Due to application volume, we will only be able to follow up with the most promising candidates.
Thank you — we appreciate your consideration.