Angaza is a venture-backed company that is tackling global energy poverty by enabling financing of solar solutions for off-grid consumers. We have developed a mix of hardware and software for some of the most demanding and dynamic markets in the world. We are a for-profit company, based in San Francisco, California and Nairobi, Kenya, that is focused on aiming market forces at the linked challenges of climate change and global development.
We are recruiting a Director of East Africa Operations to lead our Nairobi team and coordinate the support of our global network of distribution partners. This is an exciting opportunity to hold a key management role in a rapidly growing company, as we continue to scale our presence throughout Sub-Saharan Africa and the developing world. The chosen candidate will be responsible for recruiting and hiring multiple roles, directly managing our training and Nairobi-based customer support teams, maintaining a positive office culture for a diverse and multi-cultural group of individuals, managing the office budget, performing rigorous accounting, and representing the company within the broader energy access community. The position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and may include occasional global travel.
- Lead the East Africa office and maintain a positive team culture that reflects the company's values
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of several sub-teams including customer support, account management, business development, and partner training
- Design and execute all hiring and onboarding processes to accommodate rapid team growth
- Own and operate all customer support activities, including support ticket management, training content design, and training implementation
- Design systems that foster inter-team collaboration and seamless coordination on key projects across the organization
- Serve as the liaison between the Angaza's East Africa office and senior leadership in San Francisco
- Represent Angaza at key industry events and continue to strengthen Angaza's growing reputation as an industry leader in the Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) sector
- Manage the Nairobi office’s operating budget including payroll and expense tracking
Required Skills & Attributes. You…
- Have experience as a Director of Operations or equivalent positions; previous experience working with training and customer support teams a strong plus
- Possess excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Are described by others as having outstanding communication skills and attention to detail
- Have management experience leading a team with four or more direct reports
- Are very comfortable developing and maintaining budgets
- Utilize data analysis and performance/operation metrics in decision making
- Hold a BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA a plus
- Have a history of building and maintaining a culture of happiness in a very dynamic, fast-paced, flexible (and fun!) atmosphere
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical insurance
- Fun and engaging work environment
Send your résumé and a detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Angaza Director of East Africa Operations”. Due to application volume, we will only be able to follow up with the most promising candidates. We plan to fill this position quickly, with a start date in early January.