Angaza is a venture-backed company that is solving global energy poverty by enabling financing of solar solutions for off-grid consumers. To do so, we develop a mix of hardware and software for some of the most demanding and dynamic markets in the world. Angaza is a for-profit company - based in California and Nairobi - that aims market forces at the linked challenges of climate change and global development.
This architectural role based in Nairobi is responsible for developing digital training and instructional tools to help Angaza’s distribution partners seamlessly adopt our technology, and then successfully build their businesses around it.
This is a strategic instructional design role whose mandate is to own all aspects of digital training, onboarding, and help desk implementation for Angaza’s distribution partners. The position will be responsible for thinking through the distinctive learning needs of our global partner base and implementing learning programmes and tools that ensure their success with the Angaza platform.
This role presents a unique opportunity to create an entire suite of training tools and learning techniques for a next generation, globally focused SaaS product. The right candidate will thrive in this exciting and entrepreneurial role and will easily transition between strategy and execution to accommodate our rapidly expanding distribution partner base. The position has the potential to grow in scope and evolve in many different directions depending on your strengths and career goals. The role is based in Nairobi and reports directly to the Director of East Africa Operations.
- Articulate a vision for our learning model and the arc of learning for distribution partners in different geographical locations
- Develop a learning framework for Angaza distributors and coach the training team to deliver an outstanding partner experience
- Design user-facing digital training and instructional tools and materials to suit an evolving technical platform and Android application incorporating modern best practices in instructional design
- Develop the overall learning design strategy for a growing distributor base across 30+ countries
- Work with our product and platform teams to gather data on new features and create a suite of training materials including developing assessment items to ensure new features are understood and adopted.
- Build tight, consistent systems for high-volume training that is continually up-to-date, and has strong quality control and mechanisms for iteration across a variety of stakeholders
- Build processes to scale our training systems to effectively onboard many distributors across diverse geographies
- Work cross-functionally to collect and analyze data on the efficacy of different digital learning tools
- Analyze data on the effectiveness of our training and digital learning resources and constantly identify ways to modify our approach to improve outcomes and partner experience
- Analyze data on the uptake of training to give insights to the Customer Success team to optimize customer service
Required Skills, Attributes, Experience
- Are motivated and tenacious
- Enjoy thinking deeply about how to teach new technology skills
- Are excited by the idea of leading and coaching other team members
- Have a proven track record of exceeding expectations
- Know when to work independently and when to be collaborative
- Excel at both strategy and execution
- Exemplify Angaza’s key values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative
- Start-up experience strongly preferred
- 7+ years experience with instructional design, technology/SaaS experience strongly preferred
- Experience integrating with LMS (Learning Management Systems)
- Degree qualified i.e. Bachelor's degree or similar; MBA preferred
- Management experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with E-learning development tools
- Experience with designing and implementing processes for scaling up training
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Highly-motivated, self-starting, and independent
- Knowledge designing and developing wireframes for the story software
- Proficiency in Office and/or Google Enterprise Software (specifically Excel/Google Sheets and Powerpoint/Slides)
- Proficiency in French, Swahili and/or Spanish preferred
How to Apply:
Does working at Angaza excite you? If so, then apply now
Please note: A copy of your resume and a cover letter will be required plus a link to any relevant sample work that you have developed in your past or present role that fits this role description. Please note that copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in either Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.