Reporting to Managing Director
Who we are…
Founded in 2008, we’re a global digital creative agency, with offices in London, Sydney, New York, Portland and Hong Kong. Our mission is to ‘use digital to make the analog world better’, a mission which sees us working with progressive consumer facing brands, to provide innovative creative solutions across Marketing, Products, Services and Data Intelligence.
Our clients include Nike, Booking.com, BT, PepsiCo, Scotch & Soda, Danone, Diageo, Unilever, Costa Coffee, Akzo Nobel, CitiBank, Santander, Post Finance and HSBC,
Purpose of Role / Overview:
As AnalogFolk Europe’s [London & Amsterdam] Marketing and PR Director, you will be generating new business demand for AnalogFolk’s range of services and products through a selection of tools; as well as define, maintain and build a consultative rapport with client targets, industry press, trade bodies and relevant 3rd parties. You will be responsible for AnalogFolk Europe’s marketing and communications strategies as well as overall branding and image, also co-ordinate and run PR events when required.
Deliverables (criteria by which success is measured):
- Achieving agreed AnalogFolk Europe Marketing and PR objectives and KPI’s.
- Developing strong relationships with industry press and other relevant journalists and publications.
- Managing the regional Marketing and PR team. Attracts, builds and retains great talent.
- Effective management of annual marketing budget.
- Strong networking, negotiating, and business leadership.
- High quality communication.
- Excellent commercial and organisational skills.
- Engaging, creative, energetic and fun.
- Prepared to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to deliver for the business.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. Demonstrates the AnalogFolk values.
- Supports AnalogFolk London leadership objectives.
- Constantly looks for ways to improve the regional Marketing and PR functions and is proactive in suggesting operational improvements.
- Develop annual marketing plans, create a calendar of campaigns and events, set and administer the annual marketing budget.
- Leadership of AnalogFolk Europe [London & Amsterdam] Marketing and PR function, guiding the day-to-day activities of the marketing team, provide tools and materials to enable the effective delivery of AnalogFolk Europe’s marketing objectives and activities.
- Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and PR activities.
- Drive increased revenue to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth targets, supporting the new business function in lead generation and marketing profile relevant business development strategies.
- Meets the Marketing and PR targets as set out by the AnalogFolk London Managing Director, by setting out and executing a clear targeting and communications plan.
- Work alongside the Managing Director in the planning, coordinating and implementation of business plans including the penetration of new markets and creation of new services/capabilities.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product /service development ideas.
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan if necessary
- Manage and refine AnalogFolk’ Europe’s regional social media presence(s) to reflect our creative ambitions around showcasing innovative work and also diversity & inclusion Folk objectives.
- Report on the effectiveness of marketing activities using pre-determined KPIs, optimising where these activities where required for maximum ROI.
- Negotiate with media agencies and secure agreements on the production of promotional materials.
- Form strong relationships with industry press, other relevant journalists and publications.
- Build AnalogFolk Europe’s regional brand awareness and ensure that all marketing communications align with the brand.
Skills & Experience
- 8+ years experiences as a Marketing and PR professional, preferably from the Digital Marketing arena.
- Clear understanding of the Challenger Sales Methodology, ideally had experience with executing this throughout career.
- Educated to degree standard, preferably business-related. MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience of line management, coaching and mentoring junior team members in PR and Marketing capabilities.
- Experience or desire to operate as a strategic leader in the business. Strong interpersonal and people management skills: able to lead, motivate and inspire.
- Experience of marketing and selling services related to Customer. Experience, Data Science and Emerging Technology is desirable.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads, from global blue chip clients with £2M+ marketing spend.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing, marketing strategies that have directly led to new client acquisition and revenue growth, in particular helping move into new markets or sectors.
- Strong relationships with industry and wider press, within UK digital advertising, technology and design industry.
- Strong relationships with industry and wider press in Western Europe [either Netherlands, France, or Germany] is also desirable.
- Displays creative approach to problem solving and people management, in general.
- Experience managing remote teams, also 3rd party PR, Editorial and Content production partners
- Thinks strategically: develops clear and consistent strategies to achieve a vision.
- Inspires creativity and innovation: takes risks and manages them intelligently.
- Drives results: develops appropriate metrics to assess business performance.
- Builds teams: proactively recruits, retains and develops a diverse range of talented people.
- Collaborates: works well within team, inclusive and knows impact on others.
- Exhibits professional excellence: never accepts the unacceptable and inspires teams likewise.
- Builds relationships: engages senior colleagues across the organisation to optimise performance.
- Communicates effectively: provides appropriate rationale and context to drive commitment.
- Creates and delivers key presentations to clients and large audiences.
- Champions change: builds commitment to change.
Values & Behaviour
Find a Way
Recognises the contributions of both individuals and teams, and celebrates their success.
Inspires and motivates others to learn in an environment free from fear.
Is instrumental in driving change across the business and identifying opportunities for future success.
Leads by example ensuring personal behaviour exemplifies company values.
Is hardworking and committed to ensuring the agency’s success. Encourages continuous improvement across the organisation.
What type of person should you be?
Here at AnalogFolk, we’re a small, close-knit team of committed individuals that see ourselves as a bit of a family. So as you’d expect, the personal qualities of the people we hire are often just as important as the skills they bring.
The people who thrive at AnalogFolk are intelligent, passionate self-starters who truly care about the work they do. We keep things simple, without ego’s and always focussed on creating innovative remarkable work for our clients, as a team. Good people quickly earn all the influence and respect they can handle at AnalogFolk.
And equally importantly, you should be bloody nice, and enjoy the company of other bloody nice people.