Amp is looking for a back-end engineer to work on a cross-functional team working with front-end engineers and product management throughout the entire product lifecycle. Our back-end team is building scalable, robust, reliable HIPAA compliant infrastructure to push our platform forward in the emerging health-tech space.
Amp is a fast-moving, young startup environment that rewards risk-taking and innovation over process.
What you'll do
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and implementation of a HIPAA-compliant, distributed commercial software product in an enterprise/SaaS/cloud environment
- Collaborate with the Front-end team and product management to continually test and deploy to our core product offering
- Ensure efficient and streamlined version control and work flow, helping guide the team in a fast-paced Agile environment
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping production ready enterprise software
- Solid experience using Ruby and relational databases (RDS Aurora)
- Knowledge of HTTP and ability to make a RESTful web application
- Expert knowledge of RESTful API's and working with single page applications
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch
- Experience with service oriented architecture and containerization
- Any experience in building around HIPAA requirements is a plus