AMP Recover is looking for a passionate backend engineer with full stack experience to help us build out the next generation of telehealth technology. We are a small, cross-functional team of developers and data scientists who work closely with product management to define and deliver quality user experiences. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to be on the ground floor of a burgeoning startup as you’ll play an important role in defining the engineering culture and processes here at Amp.
What you'll do
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and implementation of a HIPAA-compliant, distributed commercial software product in an enterprise/SaaS/cloud environment
- Collaborate with team members and product management to continually test and deploy to our core product offering
- Work directly with our Customer Success team to isolate and resolve bug reports
- Utilize your Devops skills to provide efficient, streamlined, and secure deployments, helping guide the team in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Participate in the hiring, onboarding, and mentoring of other engineers
- Provide management with estimates and project plans
- Pitch strategic engineering initiatives to improve the quality and efficiency of our core products as they relate to internal or external users
- You must be comfortable working independently with fuzzy, undocumented customer requirements. Don’t expect to be handed rigorous specifications... you’ll be responsible for determining a lot of the details yourself.
- Demonstrable ability and excitement to design end to end solutions that meet customer requirements while ensuring the security, reliability, and integrity of our customers’ data.
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping production ready enterprise software in an environment of continuous integration and delivery
- Solid experience building scalable and secure Ruby on Rails or Python applications
- Production devops experience using containerization and deployment tools such as Docker, Chef, and Ansible
- Expert Linux administration skills
- Deep knowledge of network and application security best practices within the AWS ecosystem. You should be intimately familiar with EC2, AWS, VPC, IAM, ELB, etc.
- Thorough understanding of Git
- Expertise in SQL and No-SQL databases such as Postgres and Elasticsearch
- Any experience in building around HIPAA requirements is a plus
- Experience building production data integrations with 3rd party enterprise applications such as EMRs/EHRs, ERPs, or CRMs.
- Familiarity with Angular or other modern frontend frameworks and build tools
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Mobile development experience
- Prior experience working in a small startup environment
- Competitive compensation including meaningful equity
- Attend conferences to stay up to date with the latest technologies and industry standards
- A relaxed startup culture, complete with happy hours, unlimited PTO, and quarterly hackathons
About AMP Recover
AMP Recover’s specialty specific, digital care management platform consists of a suite of tools to virtually guide patients through their recovery with clinically-proven content while providing care teams the critical data necessary to make real-time, evidence-based decisions to continually improve care.
With apps for iOS and Android devices and an industry-leading web application, AMP Recover delivers elite rehabilitative content and enables robust data analytics and progress reporting to ensure success throughout the episode of care.