Do you love to compete? Are you hungry for achievement? Are you an A player? Do you want to work with other A players? For a company where culture is nurtured and managed as a critical source of advantage? Where every employee knows and cares about direction and strategy?
AML Oceanographic has clocked average annual growth of more than 20% over the past 6 years. How? Most importantly, we’ve built a team that provides outstanding service and truly cares about our customers. AML has a market reputation for two things:
- Going to the ends of the earth to make our customers successful.
- Bringing fresh ideas to an established market
We manufacture ocean sensing solutions – sensors, instrumentation, and deployment systems – for business and government customers on all seven continents. As a hi-tech business, our technical team includes experts and engineers with experience in the acoustic, mechanical, electrical, software, and embedded software domains. We operate from locations at either end of Canada: Halifax (Dartmouth), Nova Scotia on the Atlantic Coast and Victoria (Sidney), British Columbia on the Pacific Coast.
It goes without saying that we give preference to qualified candidates who already have had exposure to the oceanographic or hydrographic industries. Similarly, we see a formal education in Supply Chain Management, Oceanography, Hydrography, Environmental Science, or Engineering as a significant advantage.
One last requirement: at AML, we’re looking for individuals who are excited by the idea of coming to work to contribute. We expect each of our team members to dedicate their hands, head, AND heart to his or her position.
Mission of the Role
Undisputed owner of inventory, physical and electronic!
- Kit delivery - Importance: 95% of WO kits delivered to Production before required by date in a manner that optimizes delivery schedule
- Inventory Quantity Accuracy - Importance: Netsuite item quantities are accurate to within 5% at all times
- Inventory Receipts - Importance: Same day receipt of all inventory items to expected standard
- NC Creation - Importance: Creation of NCs that are inventory related
- Effective and proactive planner; understand what's needed and by when; ability to prioritize
- Ability to apply manufacturing best practices (LEAN, JIT, TPS) to inventory control and management.
- Effective communicator. Responsive to the needs of manufacturing and proactively communicates issues.
- Relationship builder; Commands the respect of affected individuals
- Understanding of AML's ERP system and it's application to inventory management.
- Familiarity with all parts that comprise AMLs product line; machined components, PCBs, molded assemblies.
At AML, every position comes with a clear scorecard, designed to guide each employee towards ‘what is important’. The key metrics for this position are:
- Kits delivered by required by date
- Qty. of adjustments on core parts
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application package via email to hr@AMLoceanographic.com. In addition to your resume and cover letter, please clearly identify the personal values that you use to guide your decisions, and explain why these specific values are so important to you. Finally, please clearly indicate your compensation expectations. This position is open until filled.