Do you love to compete? Are you hungry for achievement? Are you an A player? Do you want to work with other A players? For a company where culture is nurtured and managed as a critical source of advantage? Where every employee knows and cares about direction and strategy?
AML Oceanographic has clocked average annual growth of more than 20% over the past 6 years. How? Most importantly, we’ve built a team that provides outstanding service and truly cares about our customers. AML has a market reputation for two things:
- Going to the ends of the earth to make our customers successful.
- Bringing fresh ideas to an established market
We manufacture ocean sensing solutions – sensors, instrumentation, and deployment systems – for business and government customers on all seven continents. As a hi-tech business, our technical team includes experts and engineers with experience in the acoustic, mechanical, electrical, software, and embedded software domains. We operate from locations at either end of Canada: Halifax (Dartmouth), Nova Scotia on the Atlantic Coast and Victoria (Sidney), British Columbia on the Pacific Coast.
It goes without saying that we give preference to qualified candidates who already have had exposure to the oceanographic or hydrographic industries.
One last requirement: at AML, we’re looking for individuals who are excited by the idea of coming to work to contribute. We expect each of our team members to dedicate their hands, head, AND heart to his or her position.
Mission of the Role
Manufacturing as a strategic differentiator. Manage the resources, improve the dates, improve the financials.
Focus: Months to Quarters.
- to develop a team of A-players
- 'Ready when you are': Standard delivery timelines are two weeks or less for core instrumentation. Standard service turnarounds are 1 week on calibrations.
- Uses Sales forecasts to inform Production capacity; minimizes overall Production costs while ensuring expected level of service.
- Years 1, 2, and 3 each see a 2% reduction in 'hours per build' on core instrumentation.
- Achieves quarterly priorities 6 out of 8 quarters.
- Every team member understands AMLs corporate strategy and can relate it to their role.
- Out of the box failures occur on less than 1% of all orders.
- Ensures OH&S policy is practiced.
- Leadership & Team: an effective leader with the ability to coach others. Drives culture.
- Ability to choose the 'right' priority to achieve optimum business outcome.
- Communication: Ability to effectively liaise with various stakeholders (eng, sales, supply chain, etc)
- Working knowledge of and ability to implement manufacturing best practices - LEAN, ISO, etc.
- Analytical; ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- Financial fluency - understands key financial metrics.
At AML, every position comes with a clear scorecard, designed to guide each employee towards ‘what is important’. The key metrics for this position are:
- GP / payroll dollar spent
- % Utilization of production staff
- Number of missed 'customer requested' dates
- % Warranty claimed
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application package via email to hr@AMLoceanographic.com. In addition to your resume and cover letter, please clearly identify the personal values that you use to guide your decisions, and explain why these specific values are so important to you. Finally, please clearly indicate your compensation expectations. This position is open until filled.