Do you love to compete? Are you hungry for achievement? Are you an A player? Do you want to work with other A players? For a company where culture is nurtured and managed as a critical source of advantage? Where every employee knows and cares about direction and strategy?
AML Oceanographic has clocked average annual growth of more than 20% over the past 8 years. How? Most importantly, we’ve built a team that provides outstanding service and truly cares about our customers. AML has a market reputation for two things:
- Going to the ends of the earth to make our customers successful.
- Bringing fresh ideas to an established market
We manufacture ocean sensing solutions – sensors, instrumentation, and deployment systems – for business and government customers on all seven continents. As a hi-tech business, our technical team includes experts and engineers with experience in the acoustic, mechanical, electrical, software, and embedded software domains. We operate from locations at either end of Canada: Halifax (Dartmouth), Nova Scotia on the Atlantic Coast and Victoria (Sidney), British Columbia on the Pacific Coast.
One last requirement: at AML, we’re looking for individuals who are excited by the idea of coming to work to contribute. We expect each of our team members to dedicate their hands, head, AND heart to his or her position.
Mission of the Role
Design It – Build It – Grow It
- Achievement of project plan as it relates to electrical hardware
- All hardware testing and procedures
- Item and BOM creation and maintenance of components and board assemblies
- Electrical assembly support
- Hardware design quality
- Obsolescence awareness and planning
- Support for Hardware related customer issues
- Hardware COGS
- Hardware non-conformance to resolution
- Identify and address regulatory changes / requirements
- Knowledge of system control hardware for harsh environments
- CAD for PCB design, such as Altium embedded CPUs such as ARM family, and coding
- Hands on electronics assembly including circuit boards, cables, and enclosures
- Troubleshooting of electrical systems, both hands on and schematics
- Knowledge system control design, PLCs, etc
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Design for Testing processes
- Knowledge of shipboard and marine circuits
- Internet communication and geolocation hardware such as TCP/IP, Bluetooth and GPS
- Multi-disciplinary engineering knowledge
- Scrum/agile product design methodology
At AML, every position comes with a clear scorecard, designed to guide each employee towards what is important. The key metrics for this position would include metrics related to project plan and hardware quality.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application package via email to hr@AMLoceanographic.com. In addition to your resume and cover letter, please clearly identify the personal values that you use to guide your decisions, and explain why these specific values are so important to you. Finally, please clearly indicate your compensation expectations. No phone calls please. This position is open until filled.