Are you hungry for achievement? Are you an A player that wants to work with other A players? Do you want to grow yourself while also helping a team grow? For a company where culture is nurtured and managed as a critical source of advantage? Where every employee knows and cares about direction and strategy?
AML Oceanographic has clocked average annual growth of more than 20% over the past 8 years. How? Most importantly, we’ve built a team that provides outstanding service and truly cares about our customers. AML has a market reputation for two things:
- Going to the ends of the earth to make our customers successful
- Bringing fresh ideas to an established market
We manufacture ocean sensing solutions – sensors, instrumentation, and deployment systems (Moving Vessel Profiler) – for business and government customers on all seven continents. As a hi-tech business, our technical team includes experts and engineers with experience in the acoustic, mechanical, electrical, software, and embedded software domains. We operate from locations at either end of Canada: Halifax (Dartmouth), Nova Scotia on the Atlantic Coast and Victoria (Saanichton), British Columbia on the Pacific Coast.
It goes without saying that we give preference to qualified candidates who already have had exposure to the oceanographic or hydrographic industries. Similarly, we see a formal education in Oceanography, Hydrography, Environmental Science, or Engineering as a significant advantage. However, the most important qualification is a desire to engage with end users directly to listen and advise on the solutions that fit their requirements.
One last requirement: at AML, we’re looking for individuals who are excited by the idea of coming to work to contribute. We expect each of our team members to dedicate their hands, head, AND heart to his or her position.
Mission of the Role
Grow AML's regional item gross profit and market share
- Results: Achieves revenue, profit and growth targets
- Execution: Creation, adherence and execution on regional strategy with plans achieved 6 out of 8 quarters
- Forecasting: +/- 5% accuracy on forecast by month for both product mix and timing
- Strategy: Collects and interprets market data to inform, validate, and adjust AML's corporate strategy
- Brand: Regional customers and prospects agree that we live our brand in the region
- Team: Ability to work within a team environment in such a manner that establishes trust that allows for constructive feedback loops which in turn will produce higher levels of trust, commitment and in the end, results
- Relationship builder: Is able to build strong relationships with customer stakeholders: Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to successfully balance conflicting interests; Network of balance sheet decision makers within oceanographic community
- Sales and forecasting methodologies: Multi-level, multi-party solution selling with deal sizes up to $5M; Understanding and experience with sales forecasting methodologies
- Market expert: Expert in the hydrographic, oceanographic science, environmental monitoring, and subsea positioning markets; Understands market, customer, supplier, competitor, and financial dynamics
- Product expert: Detailed understanding of AML products and services from all business units
- CRM expert: CRM usage to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness; Ability to leverage technology to increase close rates
At AML, every position comes with a clear scorecard, designed to guide each employee towards ‘what is important’. The key metrics for this position are:
- Actual vs Forecasted Number of Units Sold per business unit (Instrumentation and deployment systems/MVP)
- Actual vs Forecasted Gross Profit per business unit (Instrumentation and deployment systems/MVP)
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application package at http://tiny.cc/928niz
or email to hr@AMLoceanographic.com. In addition to your resume and cover letter, please clearly identify the personal values that you use to guide your decisions, and explain why these specific values are so important to you. Finally, please clearly indicate your compensation expectations. This position is open until filled.