Do you love to compete? Are you hungry for achievement? Are you an A player? Do you want to work with other A players? For a company where culture is nurtured and managed as a critical source of advantage? Where every employee knows and cares about direction and strategy?
AML Oceanographic has clocked average annual growth of more than 20% over the past 6 years. How? Most importantly, we’ve built a team that provides outstanding service and truly cares about our customers. AML has a market reputation for two things:
- Going to the ends of the earth to make our customers successful.
- Bringing fresh ideas to an established market
We manufacture ocean sensing solutions – sensors, instrumentation, and deployment systems – for business and government customers on all seven continents. As a hi-tech business, our technical team includes experts and engineers with experience in the acoustic, mechanical, electrical, software, and embedded software domains. We operate from locations at either end of Canada: Halifax (Dartmouth), Nova Scotia on the Atlantic Coast and Victoria (Sidney), British Columbia on the Pacific Coast.
It goes without saying that we give preference to qualified candidates who already have had exposure to the oceanographic or hydrographic industries. Similarly, we see a formal education in Supply Chain Management as a significant advantage.
One last requirement: at AML, we’re looking for individuals who are excited by the idea of coming to work to contribute. We expect each of our team members to dedicate their hands, head, AND heart to his or her position.
Mission of the Role
Parts never stop us!
- Team: Ensures every team member is an A player
- Strategy: Importance: All team members endorse AML's corporate strategy
- Execution: Importance: Achieves plan in 6 of last 8 quarters, on time and on budget
- Cash: Importance: Improves inventory turnover to 5 turns per year
- Inventory Valuation Accuracy: Importance: Netsuite inventory valuations are accurate to within 1% at all times
- Material Costs: Importance: Reduces parts costs by 2% per year for 3 years while maintaining required quality standards
- Leadership & Team: Is an effective enterprise leader and is able to create leadership capabilities in others: Enterprise thinking; Self aware; Able to adjust own behaviour to match context; Able to create strong interpersonal bonds; Coaching and mentoring emerging leaders towards better; Understanding of how to manage culture; Team builder
- Transformational: Knows, teaches, and applies growth tools and frameworks like One Page Plan, Rockefeller Habits, Metronome, 5 Dysfunctions, Top Grading
- Relationship builder: Is able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders: Strong interpersonal skills; Sufficient application knowledge to be customer relevant; Able to add value to customers, suppliers, and partners; Ability to successfully balance conflicting interests
- Strategic: Is able to assess value chain and ID opportunities; Is able to identify step changes required in supply chain model, sell impact, and execute accordingly
- Manufacturing / Supply Chain: Able to prioritize appropriate frameworks; Knows, teaches, and applies best practices in manufacturing management (LEAN, JIT, supply chain, Six Sigma, and similar); Working knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques (injection moulding, machining, casting, PCB manufacturing, additive manufacturing)
- Forecasting: Has the ability to marry demand forecasting with strategic and operational procurement decisions
- Market Expert: Expert in the hydrographic, oceanographic science, environmental monitoring, and subsea positioning markets; Understands market, customer, supplier, competitor, and financial dynamics
At AML, every position comes with a clear scorecard, designed to guide each employee towards ‘what is important’. The key metrics for this position are:
- % of WO kits delivered to Production in full before BU required by date (95% by year 3)
- % of SOs delayed by part availability
- Inventory Turns (5 by year 3)
- Price Improvement on Current Parts (2% per year)
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application package via email to hr@AMLoceanographic.com. In addition to your resume and cover letter, please clearly identify the personal values that you use to guide your decisions, and explain why these specific values are so important to you. Finally, please clearly indicate your compensation expectations. This position is open until filled.