Do you love to compete? Are you hungry for achievement? Are you an A player? Do you want to work with other A players? For a company where culture is nurtured and managed as a critical source of advantage? Where every employee knows and cares about direction and strategy?
AML Oceanographic has clocked average annual growth of more than 20% over the past 8 years. How? Most importantly, we’ve built a team that provides outstanding service and truly cares about our customers. AML has a market reputation for two things:
- Going to the ends of the earth to make our customers successful.
- Bringing fresh ideas to an established market
We manufacture ocean sensing solutions – sensors, instrumentation, and deployment systems – for business and government customers on all seven continents. As a hi-tech business, our technical team includes experts and engineers with experience in the acoustic, mechanical, electrical, software, and embedded software domains. We operate from locations at either end of Canada: Halifax (Dartmouth), Nova Scotia on the Atlantic Coast and Victoria (Sidney), British Columbia on the Pacific Coast.
It goes without saying that we give preference to qualified candidates who already have had exposure to the oceanographic or hydrographic industries. Similarly, we see a formal education in Oceanography, Hydrography, Environmental Science, or Engineering as a significant advantage.
One last requirement: at AML, we’re looking for individuals who are excited by the idea of coming to work to contribute. We expect each of our team members to dedicate their hands, head, AND heart to his or her position.
- Assembles, troubleshoots, and tests instrumentation in a manufacturing environment
- Diagnoses and debugs technical issues with digital and analog circuits
- Calibrates sensors as per standards and best practices
- Participates in continuous improvement, process flow, etc.
- Communicates build statuses
- Produces required build reports and documentation
- Advises and helps maintain SOP’s and build instructions
- Meets order delivery expectations
At AML, every position comes with a clear scorecard, designed to guide each employee towards ‘what is important’. The key metrics for this position are:
- Quantity of instrument orders in Back Order.
- Quantity of instruments produced and tested.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- ‘People skills’ and the ability to operate in a team environment
- Electronics assembly expertise and best practices
- Experience with analog circuits, processor-based PCBs, power supplies
- Precision soldering
- High mechanical aptitude and ‘hands on’ approach
- PCB programming; process, troubleshooting, best practices
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, SOPs, assembly instructions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Proven experience with standard electronics equipment including multimeters, programmers, wiring harnesses, etc.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Lean process methodology
- Familiarity with LabView
- Experience with common ERP systems
- Experience with calibration techniques and best practices
- Best practices with o-ring seals and other pressure equipment designs
- Experience with document control systems, BOMS, part management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with oceanographic applications
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Relevant Diploma of Technology (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial) or similar post-secondary education. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- 2 years experience in a technical manufacturing environment.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application package via email to hr@AMLoceanographic.com. In addition to your resume and cover letter, please clearly identify the personal values that you use to guide your decisions, and explain why these specific values are so important to you. Finally, please clearly indicate your compensation expectations. This position is open until filled.