Do you love to compete? Are you hungry for achievement? Are you an A player? Do you want to work with other A players? For a company where culture is nurtured and managed as a critical source of advantage? Where every employee knows and cares about direction and strategy?
AML Oceanographic has clocked average annual growth of more than 20% over the past 8 years. How? Most importantly, we’ve built a team that provides outstanding service and truly cares about our customers. AML has a market reputation for two things:
- Going to the ends of the earth to make our customers successful.
- Bringing fresh ideas to an established market
We manufacture ocean sensing solutions – sensors, instrumentation, and deployment systems – for business and government customers on all seven continents. As a hi-tech business, our technical team includes experts and engineers with experience in the acoustic, mechanical, electrical, software, and embedded software domains. We operate from locations at either end of Canada: Halifax (Dartmouth), Nova Scotia on the Atlantic Coast and Victoria (Sidney), British Columbia on the Pacific Coast.
At AML, we do things a bit differently. Think daily huddle. Think Rockefeller Habits, Scaling Up, and the One Page Plan. Think town hall meetings with on-the-fly question & answer sessions. If you are familiar with these concepts - or they interest you - then you might be a fit for AML. Intrigued? Read on...
The MVP Assembly Technician is responsible for assembly and testing of MVP (Moving Vessel Profiler) systems ensuring workmanship quality is delivered throughout the manufacturing process. This position is based in Halifax, NS and may include some field work. You are accountable for six things:
1. Workmanship quality of completed MVP system assemblies and sub-assemblies;
2. Testing and compliance of assemblies to specifications;
3. Timely completion of tasks to ensure production schedules are met;
4. Communication of status, issues and ideas, both written and verbal, to co-workers and other stakeholders;
5. Incorporating of continuous improvement methodologies into work processes;
6. Completion of occasional field work and surpassing customer’s expectations.
What does it take to be successful in this role? You have the following competencies, skills, and experiences, in priority order:
1. You are goal motivated. You find targets motivating, a game to play and win.
2. Electro-Mechanical systems are a passion. You have a deep understanding of electrical systems as a Certified Electrical Technician / Technologist and have a strong aptitude for mechanics.
3. You exhibit technical curiosity. You like to see what makes things tick. When something isn't working as expected, you investigate. Your technical curiosity makes you want to continue your investigation until you've proven root cause.
4. Your manual dexterity is high. You enjoy building complex mechanical and electrical assemblies. You are detail oriented. To you, 2:17 PM doesn't mean 2:15 or 2:20, it means 2:17. You are precise and specific and you bring that approach to your work.
5. You are detail oriented in your workmanship, but you bring that same laser focus to the electronic records that you must maintain.
6. You have experience with electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems. You understand the complexities of these systems.
7. You ensure the safety of yourself and others in an light-industrial work environment.
8. You are a communicator. You have a gift for knowing what to say and how to say it; you use your communication skills to create relationships. You are comfortable asking for help when stuck.
9. You can plan. You are comfortable forecasting into the future and you can see and resolve cause and effect relationships.
At AML we believe in personal and team metrics. We believe measuring activity and performance tells us where we are going, how we can adapt, improve and grow. This role would use leading metrics such as expected upcoming work and lagging metrics such as assemblies completed and built to acceptance.
One last requirement: at AML, we're looking for individuals who are excited by the idea of coming to work to contribute. In this position, you'll work with hands, but we also expect you to dedicate you head and your heart.
How to apply:
Please forward your resume package, including salary expectations, to hr@AMLoceanographic.com. Please be sure to identify and explain your core values - the top 3 to 5 rules that you live by - in your cover letter. This position is open until filled.