Do you love to compete? Are you hungry for achievement? Are you an A player? Do you want to work with other A players? For a company where culture is nurtured and managed as a critical source of advantage? Where every employee knows and cares about direction and strategy?
AML Oceanographic has clocked average annual growth of more than 20% over the past 8 years. How? Most importantly, we’ve built a team that provides outstanding service and truly cares about our customers. AML has a market reputation for two things:
- Going to the ends of the earth to make our customers successful.
- Bringing fresh ideas to an established market
We manufacture ocean sensing solutions – sensors, instrumentation, and deployment systems – for business and government customers on all seven continents. As a hi-tech business, our technical team includes experts and engineers with experience in the acoustic, mechanical, electrical, software, and embedded software domains. We operate from locations at either end of Canada: Halifax (Dartmouth), Nova Scotia on the Atlantic Coast and Victoria (Sidney), British Columbia on the Pacific Coast.
One last requirement: at AML, we’re looking for individuals who are excited by the idea of coming to work to contribute. We expect each of our team members to dedicate their hands, head, AND heart to his or her position.
Mission of the Role
right parts, right price, right place, right time
- Results: Parts availability, parts shortage impact production kits less than 5% of the time
- Cash: Predicts outgoing cash for inventory to within 10% over 30 days while improving DIO by 3% per year
- Quality: Maintains purchasing strategy that ensures incoming parts always meet manufacturing spec, feedback provided to suppliers in a timely manner when they do not. NC Creation, Creation of NCs that are purchasing related
- Maintenance: Maintenance and accuracy of item and supplier records in ERP system
- Timeliness: Purchase orders, same day creation of purchase orders to expected standard. Proactive collection and communication of expected delivery dates to Inventory Coordinator and Production Manager to maintain production schedules
- Strategic: Effective and proactive planner; understand what's needed and by when; ability to prioritize. Ability to apply sales forecast to strategic purchasing decisions
- Manufacturing/Supply Chain: Ability to apply manufacturing best practices (LEAN, JIT, TPS) to procurement and supply chain management.
- Relationship builder: Is able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to successfully negotiate and balance conflicting interests to a win-win
- Adaptable: Able to move between high level and detail. Organizational skills, detail focused, ability to prioritize and focus on what matters.
- Systems expert: Understanding of AML's ERP system and its application to inventory management with a knack for details, organization, prioritization and scheduling
- Communicator: Effective communicator. Responsive to the needs of manufacturing and proactively communicates internally and externally to negotiate a win-win.
At AML, every position comes with a clear scorecard, designed to guide each employee towards ‘what is important’. The key metrics for this position are:
- DIO - Pacific
- # NCs on incoming parts
- Price Improvement on current parts, 1% per year
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application package at http://shorturl.at/enMNW
or via email to hr@AMLoceanographic.com. In addition to your resume and cover letter, please clearly identify the personal values that you use to guide your decisions, and explain why these specific values are so important to you. Finally, please clearly indicate your compensation expectations. This position is open until filled.