We’re the company behind Folio, which transforms the chaos of business email into an A.I. powered deal organizer, project manager, and virtual assistant. We’re on a mission to modernize the way people work, allowing them to focus on the human parts of their job, eliminating the tedious administrative work they otherwise do manually.
We started by taking our product to the real estate industry, where over 70,000 real estate professionals use our platform to manage over 45% of all the residential real estate transactions in the United States. We are now rapidly expanding to international markets and beyond real estate to other industries with complex, repetitive, and tedious processes. We’re growing quickly, working hard, and are excited to build a huge business.
We’re a team with a prior exit and backed by Tier-1 VCs like Accel Partners and Silicon Valley pioneers like Jerry Yang.
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to lead a multi-disciplined design and research team and manage design initiatives from beginning to end. You'll be joining at a big moment for us, as we expand our focus and pursue some big opportunities across the board. We are scaling into new verticals and international markets in 2019, and this will be an exciting opportunity for a hands-on product design leader to have an outsized impact on the team, product, and company.
You’ll own the design roadmap, and be involved in the entire product design life-cycle – from early user research through prototyping, validation, launch, and post-launch iterations. As a design-first organization, you will have the support and participation of key stakeholders in the company. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this is an impactful, highly visible role within Amitree.
- Partner: with the executive team to help shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision, and drive it’s execution
- Manage: and develop a team of talented designers and researchers - you will recruit, nurture and retain best-in-class talent
- Facilitate design reviews and workshops
- Own the design and research roadmap: partnering with engineering and product to ensure projects are well defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Research: plan, recruit, conduct, synthesize, report, and provide recommendations
- Design: Wireframe, prototype, and produce design deliverables
- Validate solutions: via user research and experiments
- Launch: Collaborate with product and engineering to ensure the product looks and behaves as designed
- Iterate: Once launched, review feature performance and usage and revise
- Design education or equivalent experience
- A design portfolio that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love
- 10+ years of industry experience, with 2+ years in a management role hiring and mentoring high-performance designers and user researchers
How we work
- We are a strong agile shop and practice pair programming, TDD, daily standups, weekly IPMs, and weekly retros
- User research drives our product development process. All members of the team are involved in research activities. Our focus on user-centered design is reflected in Folio’s NPS score and user reviews - our users love us
- We instrument everything and believe everything is a funnel to be tested and optimized We track every click and micro-segment user behavior, all of which informs our data science, product marketing, design, and product decisions
Benefits and perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a fully paid premium for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Reimbursement for the cost of a gym and One Medical membership
- Flexible paid time off / vacation - we encourage everyone to take at least three weeks off each year
- Paid maternity leave
- 401(k) plan administered by Vanguard
- Matching charitable contributions