We’re the company behind Folio, which transforms the chaos of business email into an AI-powered deal organizer, project manager, and virtual assistant. We make email not suck, for the first time. We’re on a mission to transform the way people work, allowing them to focus on the human parts of their job while letting the machine take care of all the tedious administrative work they otherwise do manually.
We’ve started by taking our product to the real estate industry, well known for its inefficiencies and the pain people experience while buying or selling a home. There are over 70,000 real estate agents on our platform and they’re using Folio to manage over 40% of all the residential real estate transactions in the United States. We are now rapidly taking our product to all real estate professionals around the globe, including lenders, title & escrow professionals, attorneys, and going beyond real estate to all industries in which professionals manage complex, repetitive, and tedious processes. We’re growing quickly, working hard, and are excited to build a huge business.
We are a team of passionate product people and engineers that gets excited about solving complex processes and creating value for our users with AI and machine learning. We’re a team with a prior exit and are passionate about improving the people’s experience of the world around them. We’re backed by Accel Partners and other investors like Jerry Yang (founder of Yahoo!).
We are looking for an experienced executive engineering leader to join our executive team in San Francisco as VP Engineering or CTO to lead and grow our engineering organization and oversee the vision for our technology. As Amitree’s VP Engineering, you will be an integral part of the executive team, helping define company strategy and devising plans for achieving our goals within the engineering function and across the company as a whole.
A good fit for this role would be someone who enjoys being immersed in technical challenges on a daily basis while also thinking and planning on a strategic level. It also entails working closely with our Chief Product Officer on our roadmap and releases and ensuring the efficiency and productivity of the engineering organization. You will also oversee all of our technical development operations, architectural planning, technology strategy, and will have ownership over engineering P&L.
- Architecture: you will be the chief architect, defining and overseeing the way our code is implemented. You will review code as it is committed and coach engineers in how they can improve our software in terms of structure, best practices, test coverage, scalability, and overall architecture.
- Strategy: as a member of the executive team, you will be involved in all aspects of company strategy including the product roadmap, fundraising, company culture, hiring, and more. You will be expected to contribute to the company strategy and goals, devise plans for achieving those goals, and work to execute on them.
- Hiring: you will oversee our engineering hiring process, working to establish a strong pipeline of candidates (local and remote), and will manage the process from first contact until successful hire. We are currently expanding our team from eight engineers to thirty.
- Management: you will manage the engineering team directly, providing mentoring and career development through regular 1:1s and quarterly performance reviews.
- Operations: you will be responsible for the overall health of the system, will respond to performance degradations, and will ensure that we have reliable monitoring for our systems and our users’ experiences.
- P&L: you will be responsible for our engineering and IT budget, ensuring that we are making effective use of our resources, choosing cost-effective and best-in-class solutions for running our software, and more.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience in software engineering including the web stack.
- Experience implementing and operating large scale robust Internet/SaaS systems.
- Architectural design experience
- Outstanding, high integrity leader with experience managing high performance teams and growing organizations
- Track record of partnering cross-functionally to deliver high quality, innovative products that delight users and achieve business results
What we Offer / Benefits and Perks
- Autonomy and responsibility, control and ownership over what you produce
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with fully paid premium for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Reimbursement for the cost of a gym and One Medical membership
- Flexible paid time off / vacation - we encourage everyone to take at least three weeks off each year
- Paid maternity leave
- 401(k) plan administered by Vanguard
- Matching charitable contributions