Amida Technology Solutions is a DC-based technology company focused on solutions for data interoperability, data utility, and data security. We create open source solutions that collect, reconcile, transform, and standardize data for business intelligence, predictive analytics, decision support, and user transactions. We specialize in taking data from inception to impact.
Our team is comprised of creative, forward thinkers who are passionate about using cutting edge technology to make a difference in people’s lives and have a positive impact on our country. We offer an entrepreneurial, high growth environment that values fresh ideas, candid conversations, and authentic teamwork.
Amida is currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our team in Washington DC. In this role you will work across our client engagements, providing expertise in data collection, data analysis, data mapping, data profiling, data mining and data modeling. You will be responsible for inspecting, cleansing, transforming and modeling data and will address issues related to data completeness and quality. You will work directly with our software development team to ensure that we are creating best-in-class solutions to solve our customers’ complex data challenges.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Experience in data migration to include data mapping and data profiling
- Ability to conduct data profiling and predictive analysis using a variety of standard tools
- Programming proficiency in a subset of Python
- Experience with data visualization tools and methodologies
- Ability to communicate concisely and persuasively with software engineers and clients
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Minimum 1 year of recent professional experience in data science, data mining and/or data analysis
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud-based systems
- Prior programming experience in R
- Prior experience with metadata management to include meta tagging
- Experience with machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods to include classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and/or validation methods
- Full Benefits: Health insurance, Life insurance, AD&D insurance, 401K, Pre-tax Public Transportation Account, Tuition Reimbursement, Unlimited PTO
- Additional Benefits: Opportunity to telecommute 1-2 days per week, start-up environment, casual work attire without specific dress code
Amida Technology Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.