America Works is an employment company working with clients of all backgrounds and experience. We have successfully matched candidates with ideal positions since 1984. Whether you are looking for employment, or looking for employees, America Works is here to make the connections that last.
Called "a company with a conscience," it was founded in 1984 by social activist and entrepreneur Peter Cove, a Boston native who wanted to put his ideals about poverty and the American dream into practice. America Works is headquartered in New York City and has offices Nationwide.
Are you passionate about connecting people to their next career opportunity?
Join an incredible company of professionals who are passionate about embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for a person becoming self sufficient while learning how to navigate job searches and employment opportunities; and securing meaningful employment. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it !!
This position will provide you with a sense of purpose, unique challenges, and enable you to make a true impact on our business and the persons life you are enhancing.
America Works is an "innovative socially conscience company". We are currently recruiting dynamic individuals to join our team as a Career Ambassador to manage Front Desk duties in our fast paced 5th Avenue office.
Recent College Grads Strongly encouraged to apply.
Pay: 36,000 - 40,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in special projects when needed.
- Manage from desk duties which include: screen and prioritize all incoming telephone calls.
- Copy, fax, scan, distribute information as required.
- Receive and respond to all correspondence as required.
- Prepare and/or draft correspondence, memos, letters, reports, and presentations.
- Set up and maintain files.
- Provide Reception Relief as needed.
- B.A. Degree a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer relation skills
- Strong follow-up skills
- Leadership role to the Administrative staff
- High degree of flexibility to adapt to changing tasks and priorities
- Accuracy rate of 100% in communication of information
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Work well in fast paced environment
- Provides excellent customer service
- Presents a polished appearance
- Team player
- Spanish Speaking candidates a plus