America Works of New York, Inc. also called "a company with a conscience," was founded in 1984 by social activist and entrepreneur Peter Cove, a Boston native who wanted to put his ideals about poverty and the American dream into practice.
If you passionate about connecting people to their next career opportunity …
Join an incredible company of professionals who are passionate about embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for a person becoming self-sufficient while learning how to navigate job searches and employment opportunities; and securing meaningful employment. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it !!
This position will provide you with a sense of purpose, unique challenges, and enable you to make a true impact on our business and the person’s life you are enhancing.
We are currently recruiting dynamic individuals to join our team as Sourcing Specialists aka Recruiters. Positions are located within the 5 Boroughs. What makes us stand out from other firms is our dedication our clients and our participants. We have some of the highest retention in the industry because we believe in the overall mission to get people back to work !!
Role of a Sourcing Specialist / Recruiter - Responsibilities
· Working hand in hand with our clients to help fill vacancies for our Senior Business Development Teams Job Orders
· Acting as the liaison from the very beginning- starting from the initial conversation to state date
- Build a pipeline of passive talent through creative sourcing
- Exceed goals against your monthly targets
· Building relationships with Senior Business Developers to push forward to monthly placement goals
What is America Works looking for within their Sourcing Specialists / Recruiters?
· Someone that is hungry to succeed and have a successful career
· Someone Goal Oriented – Driven by numbers and being compassionate simultaneously Ambition and a previous history of success in any environment, e.g. sports, retail or quota results driven environment
· Someone that would relish working within a sales-like environment and enjoy all the benefits that come from it
· A person that is able to naturally network and engage with people from various backgrounds
· An ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Entry level position (2-5) years of experience
- Excellent communication ability over the phone, in person and email
- Goal-oriented and driven to get immediate results
- Interest in recruiting/healthcare/Retail Sales/ B2B - Inside/Outside recruitment a plus
- Must be proactive and persistent
- Must be highly organized and motivated
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office + Office Outlook 365
- Salesforce exposure is a plus
- Full Benefits + Dental / Vision + Vacation
- Monthly bonuses
- 401K + Matching program
- Free Gym Membership
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 45K or DOE + monthly bonuses