AIETA Learning Centers go beyond after-school tutoring by offering an innovative approach to enrichment learning. Students Pre-K to 9th grade can enjoy an individualized academic experience. Aligned with Common Core State Standards, AIETA's curriculum helps kids build strong foundations in Math, English, Reading & Writing, and Critical Thinking.
AIETA's program begins with the diagnostic test, which pinpoints a student's fundamental strengths and weaknesses and prescribes a personalized study program. By attending weekly small-group sessions with our instructors, students improve understanding and develop key study skills. Through AIETA after-school program or summer camp, your child can discover a passion for learning at an early age. We are looking for an experienced tutor.
- Tutor students in English and/or mathematics in grade levels from pre-K to 11th grade
- Grade homework assignments, tests, and/or essays (no work is required outside of class time)
- Maintain student progress reports
- Weekdays from 4:00pm to 8:00pm
- Weekends from 9:30am to 4:00pm
- Mornings from 5:30am to 9:00am
- -Starting pay up to $18 to $26 per hour (depending on experience).
- -Create a fun and supportive learning environment
- -Instruct and teach students in Math and/or English
- -Keep detailed records of student progress
- -Communicate with parents when needed
- -College sophomore or higher majoring in English, math, education, or related field
- -Ability to follow instructions and work as a team member
- -Ability to work independently and teach the class on his/her own
- -Ability to deal with students in a caring and confident manner
- -Experience in a tutorial program preferred, but not required. We provide training!
- -Special consideration for those who want to be teachers
Job Type: Part-time