is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice fair for everyone. We’re hiring a talented front end developer with a passion for startup culture. If you have a background in fintech with an understanding of the complexities around security, high availability, and accuracy of building systems, we’re especially excited to hear from you.
Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product, design, and business teams to clearly understand requirements and turn them into technical design
- Present designs to the technology team with clear breakdowns of tasks and deliverables
- Lead with engineering best practices and make decisions based on definable metrics
- Define the architecture for systems with a clear vision for both short- and long-term business needs
- Promote a culture of quality, accountability, autonomy, and open communication across teams
- Coach and mentor junior developers and take responsibility for meeting deadlines for your team’s deliverables
- Lay the foundation of our brokerage platform that processes billions of dollars in investments and transactions annually
- Uphold strong levels of integrity for accuracy, data quality, and uptime — we are dealing with real people's money, and we take that seriously
What you’ll need:
- Fluency in talking about architecture in terms of microservice on front end, React components, or Open components
- Understanding of how to use React.js tot to build robust, modular, and scalable software that is consistent with the rest of our ecosystem
- Strong skills in using the browser and application caching for building resilient architecture that sparsely relies on back end services
- Excitement and knowledge of GraphQL and Node.js
- Track record of using performance monitoring tools like Lighthouse or Web Page test to analyze results and make improvements in successive runs
- Understanding of the benefits of using CDN for delivering static assets and images
- Ability to implement SEO best practices in front end page development
- Strong understanding of responsive design principles and experience implementing them
- Experience maintaining code quality by measuring unit/integration tests, as well as other critical code quality metrics, using tools like SonarQube
- Expertise in using AWS technologies to build scalable systems
- Knowledge of how to use Kubernetes for auto-scaling and simplification of deployment to provide benefits on front and middle-tier
- Comfort with EFK stack for logging and building dashboards and alerts
- Experience using application monitoring tools like New Relic/Data Dog to keep error rates low and ensure high uptime for all of our systems
- Experience in the CI/CD world and the ability to use it without causing a negative impact on our business or end user's experience
- Experience using React for Web
- Experience building native apps using Reactive Native
What you’ll get
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their discipline.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k) with employer match, a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join on the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US: Venrock. Together, we’re going to try to fix the broken parts of finance and investing.