What do we do at Altruist?
We help you do better with your money by empowering financial advisors to do their best work.
Altruist is an LA fintech company that's making investing fair for everyone, allowing real people to make more while paying less. Our platform is the only solution for modern financial advisors who put their clients first.
We are looking to hire a world class team of talented technologists who have a passion for start up. Having a background in fintech is a bonus since they understand the complexity around security, high availability and accuracy of building these systems.
What do we expect from you?
In this role as a Senior Automation Engineer we are looking for individuals 10+ years of experience building front end/back end automation framework as well as performance testing framework. This is a full time role which would involve wearing multiple hats.
The automation engineer will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Working with developers and product managers to understand requirements and use cases
- Create test plan and test cases during the design and development phase and integrate them into our CI pipeline
- Writing scripts for performance testing in Jmeter/Gatling or other equivalent performance tools
- Executing and analyzing load and performance tests for multiple Altruist platform and identifying performance bottlenecks
- Implementing and maintaining automated test suites for integration tests, API tests, UI tests, and system tests.
- Executing integration and regression test plans
- Work with engineering teams towards continuous quality improvement
The fun part of this job is to be able to build most of the automation from ground up. If you are up for this challenge here is what we want you to be great at:
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and test-driven development
- Understanding of databases, SQL and application servers.
- Writing and maintaining test plans and test cases
- Running Load and performance testing tools over various tools like Gatling/Jmeter
- Load/Stress test analysis
- Performance testing environments in the cloud
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Browser-based UI automation and Selenium/Robot frameworks and API testing is a plus
- Experience with Java/Python is a must
- Experience with SaaS environment and/or Cloud Services is a plus
About our culture
We believe in empowering the team by providing individuals the autonomy to excel in their role and in the process contribute towards the company's mission. We are a mission driven organization that believes in honesty and transparency at the core of what we do. We like to provide feedback to each other in a respectful manner to make each other better which directly helps in making the company better.
Come join our amazing team of talented individuals and become a part of the journey and help us in achieving our mission!