What do we do at Altruist?
We help you do better with your money by empowering financial advisors to do their best work.
Altruist is an LA fintech company that's making investing fair for everyone, allowing real people to make more while paying less. Our platform is the only solution for modern financial advisors who put their clients first.
We are looking to hire a world-class team of talented technologists who have a passion for startup culture. A background in fintech with an understanding of the complexity around security, high availability, and accuracy of building systems is a huge plus.
What do we expect from you?
You will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Be an amazing team player and not just be responsible for your own deliverables but also coach and mentor juniors developers
- Work with product, design, and business teams both locally and in the US to clearly understand requirements, turn these requirements into technical design, present the design to the technology team and break it down into tasks and deliverables
- Define and follow engineering best practices and make decisions based on definable metrics
- Incorporate business needs while defining the architecture for systems with a short- and long-term vision in mind
- Create and lead a culture of quality, accountability, autonomy, and open communication across teams
- Responsible for on-time delivery of you and your team's deliverables
- Lay the foundation of our brokerage platform which will process billions of dollars in investments and transactions annually
You'll have the opportunity to build a large portion of the front end from the ground up. If you're up for the challenge, here's what you should be great at:
- React.js is your assistant and you use it for building robust, modular, scalable software that is consistent with the rest of our ecosystem
- You use the browser as well as application caching for building a scalable and resilient architecture that sparsely relies on back end services
- You're excited about GraphQL and using Node.js (and understand its benefits)
- You talk architecture primarily in terms of microservice on front end, React components, or Open components
- Leveraged front end performance monitoring tools like Lighthouse or Web Page test, analyze the results of their run and be able to improve the results in successive runs
- Understand the benefit of using CDN for delivering static assets as well as images
- Understand what SEO means and how we can implement SEO best practice in front end page development
- Can develop responsive web pages
- You believe and implement code quality tools like SonarQube and can create a high bar for maintaining code quality by measuring unit/integration tests as well as other critical code quality metrics and improving on them constantly
- You call yourself an expert in AWS and know how to build scalable systems using AWS technologies
- You know what Kubernetes means and the benefit it affords with auto-scaling, simplification of deployment, and benefits of using it on front and middle tier
- You have used EFK stack for logging and built dashboards and alerts on top of the logs
- Keeping error rates low and ensuring we have high uptime for all of our systems.
- You are not just familiar with but are good with Application Monitoring tools like New Relic/Data Dog
- Lived in the CI/CD world and believe in using it for moving fast while ensuring we don't cause any negative impact on our business or end user's experience (we are dealing with real people's money, we can't have any rounding errors on accounts so accuracy, data quality, and uptime are critical)
Experience building React for Web and have built native apps using Reactive Native.
About our culture
We believe in empowering the team by providing individuals the autonomy to excel in their role and in the process contribute towards the company's mission. We are a mission-driven organization that believes in honesty and transparency. We appreciate constructive feedback given in a polite manner to help make everyone better and, in turn, make the entire company better.