Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice fair for everyone. We’re looking to add a senior-level backend software engineer to help us prepare our systems for scale.
Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the CTO, lead engineers, and product and business teams
- Analyze and solve complex problems spanning multiple user personas and workflows
- Focus on building and scaling systems
- Collaborate with multiple teams to formulate product roadmaps and execute on those roadmaps to help Altruist achieve success at scale
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of building scalable RESTful backend services using Java and the Spring Boot framework
- Experience implementing micro-services for backend architecture for delivering highly distributed and resilient frameworks
- Experience working on scalable systems that can handle tens of thousands of concurrent users
- Experience implementing automated testing (i.e., unit/integration testing)
- Experience using Swagger for API documentation and SonarQube for code quality
- A strong grasp of database technologies, using SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres, AWS Aurora, and Redis
- Strong knowledge of relational data modeling, database performance, indexing, and scaling
- Strong understanding of caching technologies, like CDN, Redis, Memcache, etc.
- Working knowledge of Docker/Container technologies like Kubernetes - EKS
- Experience working on message-bus-based architecture
- Experience working with APM tools like New Relic, building custom dashboards and leveraging them for monitoring systems
- Experience leveraging Elastic Search or similar search technology
- Experience building cloud infrastructure on technologies like AWS
- Familiarity with the EFK (Elastic Cache, Fluentd, and Kibana) stack to ensure that we have consistent logging, monitoring, and alerting built for services
- Past practice with continuous integration/delivery
- Experience working with a massive data set and the ability to consume/aggregate and summarize results
- Hands-on experience with Prometheus for alerting and reporting on system health
What you’ll get
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their crafts.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k) with employer match, a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule, including unlimited vacation time. Our office is located in the heart of Venice, on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US, Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).
A good resume will help you stand out, but we’re most interested in motivated developers who will stop at nothing to create the best product they can. We're looking for talented, self-managed engineers who understand business priorities and can help prepare systems to meet these needs. Think you have what it takes? Send us your portfolio, and tell us why you’d be a good fit for the team.