As a lead python engineer at Altitude Networks, you are in charge of delivering value to our users by developing a scalable, stable, and high-performing application. You make design decisions, provide feedback to feature requests, establish engineering best practices, and empower other engineers to be productive and impactful.
- Contribute to the core engineering design of our application, including backend, middle-layer, and interface with the frontend components.
- Collaboratively design, build, and maintain Python micro-services in our AWS platform.
- Build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for internal and external users.
- Implement security and data protection solutions.
- Work with the executives, product, and design team to assess and prioritize feature requests.
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Drive cross team design & development via technical leadership and mentoring
- Do peer reviews of your teammates code, paying specific attention to performance and consistency while also adhering to the best pythonic ways of writing code.
- 7+ years of experience with python and modern architecture (micro-services)
- 3+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure, including EC2, ECS, Lambda, API GW, SQS, RDS.
- Working experience designing and implementing APIs.
- Working experience with containerized (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes) or serverless (Lambda) deployment.
- Working experience with designing large scale systems that move, manage and analyze large amounts of data.
- Working experience with Agile and CI/CD tools, including GitHub, Travis, Sentry, JIRA.
Altitude Networks provides companies with the data security they need to safely use collaboration SaaS (GSuite, Box, Dropbox, Office365 etc) without the threat of data loss, theft or inadvertent sharing with unauthorized individuals.
At Altitude Networks, we use a modern architecture that is designed to optimize development efficiency and velocity. We use a serverless architecture and advanced CI/CD tools that enable all team members to quickly develop, deploy, and maintain code in production in AWS cloud.
Altitude Networks is proud to offer the following benefits:
Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, Parental Leave Policy, 401K, Commuter/Parking Benefits, Short/Long Term Disability, Friday Team Lunch, and One Medical Membership, Unlimited Coffee & Kambucha