As a senior data engineer at Altitude Networks, you are in charge of transforming data into a format that can be easily accessed and analyzed. You develop and maintain data pipelines to read data from external APIs, format them in a way that is easy to analyze, and store them in data stores that are scalable, stable, and accessible by other services in the organization.
- Contribute to the core design of data architecture, data models and schemas, and implementation plan.
- Design, build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources, including external APIs, data streams, and data stores.
- Design, create and maintain the infrastructure for ingesting data into our data lake and data warehouse and providing frameworks and services for operating on that data.
- Design, create and maintain the infrastructure for real-time streaming analytics, big data analytics, and machine learning analytics capabilities.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with security to implement data privacy and data security requirements to ensure solutions stay compliant to security standards and frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 5+ years of experience with python programming
- 3+ years of experience with AWS data infrastructure, including RDS, DynamoDB, S3.
- Proficient with relational (SQL) and non-relational (key-value data types) data modeling.
- Proficient message queuing and stream processing including SQS and DynamoDB Streams.
- Working familiarity with a variety of big data frameworks and tools, including AWS EMR, Redshift, Kinesis, Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Hive, Pig.
- Experience with containerized (Docker, ECS) or serverless (Lambda) deployment.
Altitude Networks provides companies with the data security they need to safely use collaboration SaaS (GSuite, Box, Dropbox, Office365 etc) without the threat of data loss, theft or inadvertent sharing with unauthorized individuals.
At Altitude Networks, we use a modern architecture that is designed to optimize development efficiency and velocity. We use a serverless architecture and advanced CI/CD tools that enable all team members to quickly develop, deploy, and maintain code in production in AWS cloud.
Altitude Networks is proud to offer the following benefits:
Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, Parental Leave Policy, 401K, Commuter/Parking Benefits, Short/Long Term Disability, Friday Team Lunch, and One Medical Membership, Unlimited Coffee & Kambucha