Alley is establishing a new Hiring Coordinator position to assist with recruitment, hiring, and onboarding. This person will have the opportunity to collaboratively build this role together with the broader Operations team at Alley. The Hiring Coordinator will be responsible for, at minimum, developing and enacting a proactive recruiting strategy, running the entirety of the hiring process, candidate outreach, and onboarding new team members to ensure they are effectively integrated into their teams.
Qualified applicants should display excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high level of responsiveness, quick and creative problem-solving, resourcefulness, flexibility, approachability, and superior attention-to-detail. You should be energized by the idea of collaboratively creating a plan from scratch and then executing it. You’re expected to keep track of a multitude of information since no detail is too small — so be sure to include “Welcome to the world of tomorrow!” somewhere in your cover letter to be considered. The ability to effectively work remotely is a must.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and execute a proactive recruiting plan
- Attend conferences that qualified candidates attend
- Assist hiring managers with screening resumes and running the hiring process for various positions
- Shepherd candidates through the hiring process
- Schedule and hold interviews with candidates during the hiring process
- Onboard new team members to Alley and their teams
- Update relevant documentation and training materials for team members for onboarding
- Offboard team members who are leaving Alley
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous involvement with the hiring process in some capacity
- Familiarity with web-based Applicant Tracking Systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Apps (GMail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- High standards of communication - both written and verbal
- Works well within a team
- Ability to work remotely as part of a distributed company
- Experience in a professional services agency a plus
- Familiarity with the Scrum agile product development framework a strong plus
- Is willing and able to travel as needed for recruiting-related events
- Connections or familiarity within the WordPress community a plus
- Experience in customer service a plus
- Understanding of development, particularly in the WordPress ecosystem, a strong plus, but definitely not a requirement
We offer competitive salaries and company subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits. We also offer a 401(k) with company matching, a profit-sharing plan, and an allowance for work-related expenses.
We have no set hours and do not limit vacation or sick time. We trust our team members to get their work done and take the time off they need to recharge and we suggest an average of three weeks off per year.
We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home, or from a co-working space. We’ll furnish your home office and provide an allowance for needed supplies, or rent you a co-working space.
Alley is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
Apply for a Position
Please complete the application - be sure to send your resume and mention if you were referred by anyone from Alley.
Recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties at Alley are carried out by our staff.