Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is looking for an Administrative Technician I to support our DoD/IC customer within their Directorate of Operations to support the intelligence mission requiring administrative technical support across a broad range of functions. This person will provide timely, accurate and efficient processing of administration information for personnel and office/platform support in order to enable DO to conduct effective operations at specified Continental United States (CONUS) locations.
- Monitor, log, distribute and file incoming correspondence.
- Draft, process, catalog, file, and maintain paper and electronic documents. Documents include arrival and departure notices, military and civilian letters, internal and external memoranda, enclosures, endorsements, transmittal letters, minutes of meetings, talking papers, background papers, fact sheets, point papers, and briefing papers.
- Sub-tasks shall include: consolidation of incoming information; word processing, typing, and editing; document classification; assembling completed correspondence and documents for review, approval and signature; making copies; retaining office copies in official files; preparing unclassified mail; preparing classified mail and packages for the Defense Courier Service.
- Receive, track, log and monitor organizational tasking actions.
- Sub-tasks shall include: receiving actions, entering them into an appropriate record, indicating an assigned action officer as specified by the on-site technical manager, and tracking status and completion of each action. File a copy of each completed action. Consolidate subordinate element inputs into a smooth draft response for technical manager review and approval.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate records regarding overtime funds, travel funds, supplies, equipment, space allocation, and expendables necessary for the orderly conduct of operations. Recommend to the government technical manager issues that warrant action to correct or improve the overall operational and administrative posture of the local element.
- Maintain administrative records and files; and administer records management and forms control. Records and files may include personnel rosters, training records, and other files that support unit operations. Records and files may be either/both hard and soft copy (paper and electronic files).
- Sub-tasks shall include providing timely input and changes to keep files and data current. Electronic filing systems may include shared file drives, SharePoint sites, and other document management systems. Electronic files will generally be in Microsoft Office or Adobe PDF format, and may include spreadsheets and databases in Excel and Access.
- Provide administrative assistance with travel plans. Draft/prepare requests for Temporary Duty (TDY) travel; assist in coordination and development of travel plans; verify travel requests for conformance to travel plans, resolve deviations in itineraries. Orders may be processed in either Defense Travel System (DTS) and/or hard-copy formats.
- Maintain knowledge on current DoD and organizational regulations and established procedures, and serve as an advisor on preparation of all types of correspondence.
- Sub-tasks shall include keeping abreast of and annotating changes to these documents.
- Assist in the registration and maintenance scheduling of platform vehicles. When necessary, utilize government vehicle in the support of mission activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of experience in administrative or operational support (Collection Management, Targeting, Desk Officer, etc.) to Government agencies- Intelligence Agencies or the Department of Defense strongly preferred; OR 5 years of experience in administrative or intelligence operations support to Intelligence Agencies or Department of Defense.
- An Active Top Secret Clearance is Required. Must be SCI eligible and eligible for a CI Poly.
- Must have a general knowledge of the Intelligence Community (IC) and a general knowledge of Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD), Defense agencies and Military Departments sufficient to understand general relationships to outside activities.
- Must have a high level of experience in oral and written communication and must be able to type a minimum of 35 words per minute.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). A working knowledge of SharePoint is highly desired. A working knowledge of Microsoft Access is desired, but not required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of policies and procedures governing travel of DoD personnel utilizing the Joint Travel Regulations and the Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Working knowledge of regulations, directives, processes and procedures for the control of highly classified materials.
- Have a working knowledge of logistics management, to include issues such as basic office space planning, inventory planning, management and property control and accountability, as well as, planning and coordination of office-level computer requirements.
Allegheny Science & Technology Corporation (AST) is one of America’s fastest-growing private, government services providers according to the Inc 500 and Washington Technology 2015 Fast 50; and an award winning, women-owned management and technology solutions company offering a broad range of services to customers including systems engineering; portfolio and program management; applied science and technology; data analytics and engineering; and knowledge and performance management. AST has corporate operations in Tysons, VA and Bridgeport, WV; and offices in Washington, DC, Germantown, MD, Golden Colorado, Northern Virginia, Idaho Falls, ID, and Albuquerque, NM.
AST offers solutions to federal, state, and local governments, federal civilian agencies, and commercial clients. We also work in areas such as project management, financial analysis, software engineering, as well as training and simulation, and technical support.
AST provides career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, flexible spending account, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
AST is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.