Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is seeking a Corporate Communications Specialist to support an DoD/IC customer with planning, designing, administering, standardizing, coordinating, and delivering source communications that support the business process.
- Shall assist in developing, coordinating, and executing a strategic communications plan for source and develop a program that will familiarize both internal and external customers with the capabilities and services Source provides.
- Assist in the assessment of communications metrics and data to inform strategic communications decisions.
- Responsible for crafting/providing briefings and helping other members of the Communications Branch.
- Develop and implement internal and external communications.
- Proactively identify and implement marketing strategies.
- Based on awareness and understanding of customer mission and operations tempo, identify and reach out to potential users and user groups.
- Analyze customer needs; make appropriate recommendations for message/information development, communication method selection, and timing of messages.
- Tailor messages by target audience.
- Research, write, edit, and publish communications products (e.g.., print, web, electronic, briefings).
- Provide direction to graphic designers, briefing developers, photographers, illustrators and other required staff.
- Prepare material for publication and other media both internally and externally.
- Manage and monitor production schedules.
- Develop new communication methods to reach target audiences Support customer senior leaders by writing speeches, talking points, video scripts, briefings, and other communications products (e.g., emails, articles).
- Bachelor’s degree or 7 years of above-listed relevant experience.
- Must have an Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic level communications support or speech writing.
- Knowledge of issues facing NGA, the IC, and the DoD.
- Demonstrated strong data gathering and analysis skills.
- Proficiency with PC computer platforms and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and lead sub-tasks/projects.
Allegheny Science & Technology Corporation (AST) is one of America’s fastest-growing private, government services providers according to the Inc 500 and Washington Technology 2015 Fast 50; and an award winning, women-owned management and technology solutions company offering a broad range of services to customers including systems engineering; portfolio and program management; applied science and technology; data analytics and engineering; and knowledge and performance management.
AST has corporate operations in Tysons, VA and Bridgeport, WV; and offices in Washington, DC, Germantown, MD, Golden Colorado, Northern Virginia, Idaho Falls, ID, and Albuquerque, NM.
AST offers solutions to federal, state, and local governments, federal civilian agencies, and commercial clients. We also work in areas such as project management, financial analysis, software engineering, as well as training and simulation, and technical support.
AST provides career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, flexible spending account, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
AST is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.