Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is seeking an experienced Acquisition Specialist to provide process improvement initiatives to increase CIO Acquisition business operations for an Intelligence Community customer. This role will focus on process improvement initiatives to streamline the CIO business operations, workforce, and Acquisition framework.
*THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN DC OR RESTON, VA.
This person will support an Intelligence Community customer by applying strong organizational skills to help with the Chief Information Office (CIO) organizations acquisition way ahead and communications strategy. This work includes, but not limited to:
- Reviewing and analyzing program requirements, providing input into ongoing initiatives and developing briefings and other material necessary to communicate the way ahead.
- The Business Analyst activities will involve acquisition-related complex considerations of the full life-cycle of the acquisition program with multiple parallel tracks, multiple dependencies and complex interfaces to existing Intelligence Community systems.
- The individual is expected to have extensive ability to clearly present information; read and interpret information; interact with customers, partners, colleagues and senior management; listen well; and resolve issues identified by stakeholders.
- The individual shall support the Government Program Manager with all tasks needed to make decisions about the execution of program resources, planning and implementation with specific focus on:
- Collaborating with government personnel from across CIO other organizations to identify, document, and baseline all relevant processes.
- Employing industry techniques to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of CIO business processes.
- Conducting ongoing reviews and updating CIO processes in coordination with subject matter experts (SMEs) and other stakeholders.
- Act as an integral partner in integration and execution of critical mission partners while performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk analysis, and technical subject matter expertise to new and existing acquisition process paths.
- Develop, update and maintain necessary diagrams and documentation
- Work with the customer and the team to resolve issues rapidly.
- Communicate and work closely with the customer to ensure immediate and future communication and facilitation needs are executed.
- Recommend, implement, document and provide to the customer and external partners continuous improvement are processes and best practices are implemented supporting the office.
- Position requires an active TS/SCI Clearance with CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor's Degree is Required.
- 5+ years’ related work experience.
- Proactive individual with an innate ability to work and execute with limited guidance
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, conflict resolution techniques and proven ability to perform under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Demonstrated experience managing projects to create timely, high quality deliverables
- Ability to manage a diverse group of stakeholders to accomplish mission goals
- Direct and current knowledge of the mission, structure and key intelligence programs of the Intelligence Community.
- Experience with Government System Acquisitions (Major Weapon Systems etc.)
- Experience/ Familiarity with ICD 801 type Acquisition.
- Experience/Familiarity with DoD 5000 type Acquisition.
- Knowledge of (FAR) Contract/Procurement lifecycles and processes.
- Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Master's degree in a technical discipline is highly desirable.
Allegheny Science & Technology Corporation (AST) is one of America’s fastest-growing private, government services providers according to the Inc 500 and Washington Technology 2015 Fast 50; and an award winning, women-owned management and technology solutions company offering a broad range of services to customers including systems engineering; portfolio and program management; applied science and technology; data analytics and engineering; and knowledge and performance management. AST has corporate operations in Tysons, VA and Bridgeport, WV; and offices in Washington, DC, Germantown, MD, Golden Colorado, Northern Virginia, Idaho Falls, ID, and Albuquerque, NM.
AST offers solutions to federal, state, and local governments, federal civilian agencies, and commercial clients. We also work in areas such as project management, financial analysis, software engineering, as well as training and simulation, and technical support.
AST provides career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, flexible spending account, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
AST is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.