Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is seeking a R&D Technical Expert to support an DoD/IC customer by assessing the quality of the technical deliverables from NGA-sponsored research with particular attention to the readiness of deliverables for piloting or deployment.
- Independent review and summary of relevant government, academic, and contracted research and scholarly publications related to the research, analysis and tracking of publications resulting from
- NGA-sponsored research.
- Consultation, analyses of alternatives, and recommendations on research topics.
- Attendance at meetings, conferences and technical exchanges, as requested by the Pod Lead, including meetings that may require domestic or OCONUS travel.
- Coordinate public disclosures, including oral and written communications and presentations with the Communications team, Research and Technology Protection (RTP) team, and Security to obtain solicit input and secure approval for public release.
- Conduct outreach and communication activities to build stakeholder/transition partner engagement with research conducted by/for the Pod.
- Develop technology demonstrations to show the utility of research products built by the Pod.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Test & Evaluation team for functions associated with each research activity in the Pod.
- Assisting with monitoring of compliance issues including, but not limited to, civil liberties protection, human subject research, and export control.
- Technical subject matter expert assistance in the preparation of reports, archives, planning, support and execution of workshops, PI meetings, site visits, and other meetings related to the Pod’s research activities.
- Assist the Pod Lead with timely drafting of technical presentations (e.g., in Microsoft PowerPoint and/or Excel);
- Assist with maintaining records on Pod activities, development and execution of a data management and research investment strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Science, or a related discipline that includes 24 semester (36 quarter) hours in Science, Mathematics, and/or a related Engineering Science. Such coursework includes, but is not limited to:
- Astronomy, Cartography, Chemistry, Computer Science, Dynamics, Electrical Engineering, Geodesy, Geography, Geology, Geophysics, Geospatial Information Systems, Mathematics, Orbital Mechanics, Photogrammetry, Physics, Remote Sensing, or Surveying.
- Must have an Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Must have 8 years of total experience and 6 years of specialized experience.
- Experience with the functional area of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) and successful track record of performing and/or managing basic research, applied research, and advanced technology development activities.
- Experience in systems integration, systems engineering or other fields directly related to the Pod focus area [insert Pod-specific fields here], in particular with integrating technologies into system
- prototypes for concept and technology demonstrations related to field experiments, simulated environments, and realistic operating environments.
- Experience working with various intelligence community R&D activities and organizations and their operational site customers for strategic planning and assessing technology readiness levels.
- Experience in needs and requirement analysis and drafting requirements documentation.
- M.S. or PhD in Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Science, or a related discipline is desired.
- Experience with providing subject matter expertise and technical support to U.S. Government R&D functions.
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, DoD or Intelligence Community (IC) technology insertion and transition mechanisms desired.
- Familiarity with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
Allegheny Science & Technology Corporation (AST) is one of America’s fastest-growing private, government services providers according to the Inc 500 and Washington Technology 2015 Fast 50; and an award winning, women-owned management and technology solutions company offering a broad range of services to customers including systems engineering; portfolio and program management; applied science and technology; data analytics and engineering; and knowledge and performance management.
AST has corporate operations in Tysons, VA and Bridgeport, WV; and offices in Washington, DC, Germantown, MD, Golden Colorado, Northern Virginia, Idaho Falls, ID, and Albuquerque, NM.
AST offers solutions to federal, state, and local governments, federal civilian agencies, and commercial clients. We also work in areas such as project management, financial analysis, software engineering, as well as training and simulation, and technical support.
AST provides career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, flexible spending account, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
AST is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.