Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer that will be responsible for developing comprehensive approaches to energy resilience either at critical installations or for critical assets in the bulk electric power or local distribution systems.
- Conceptual design, requirement development, as well as technical support to Government programs aimed at improving energy resilience, reliability, as well as assuring resource adequacy and sufficient ancillary services are potential responsibilities.
- Scoping economics and interfacing with financial modelers and project developers to conceive, procure, and implement technical projects to meet resilience goals or demonstrate key technologies are other core responsibilities.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of post-graduation engineering experience, preferably 5 years.
- Must have direct experience in one or more of the following areas: power systems, micro-grids, renewable energy systems, energy storage, and/or advanced control systems.
- Engineer-in-Training/Fundamentals of Engineering certification (or progression to a PE license).
- Must be clearable.
- (PE) Professional Engineering license.
- Familiarity and experience in the Department of Defense (DoD) environment.
- Experience in cost estimation and project options analysis.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
Allegheny Science & Technology Corporation (AST) is one of America’s fastest-growing private, government services providers according to the Inc 500 and Washington Technology 2015 Fast 50; and an award winning, women-owned management and technology solutions company offering a broad range of services to customers including systems engineering; portfolio and program management; applied science and technology; data analytics and engineering; and knowledge and performance management. AST has corporate operations in Tysons, VA and Bridgeport, WV; and offices in Washington, DC, Germantown, MD, Golden Colorado, Northern Virginia, Idaho Falls, ID, and Albuquerque, NM.
AST offers solutions to federal, state, and local governments, federal civilian agencies, and commercial clients. We also work in areas such as project management, financial analysis, software engineering, as well as training and simulation, and technical support.
AST provides career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, flexible spending account, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
AST is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.