The Aircraft Maintenance Controller serves as a point of contact for aircraft maintenance and repair actions. The core focus of this position is to safely maximize fleet availability by efficiently scheduling repair and inspection activities with maintenance contractors and internal maintenance facilities. The Aircraft Maintenance Controller will work closely with Flight Operations personnel and student/instructor flight crews.
The successful candidate will possess the appropriate personality to work with many people in a fast-paced environment in a helpful and friendly manner. Must also be able to take initiative, multi-task, work independently and work well under pressure.
- Troubleshoot, coordinate, and prioritize aircraft maintenance activities
- Track scheduled and deferred maintenance
- Maintain a current status of each project’s schedule
- Schedule required maintenance events to reduce the impact on the flight schedule
- Maintain aircraft records and documentation including logbooks, POs, invoices, work orders, reports, etc.
- Maintain parts inventories at satellite locations
- Provide on-call after-hours support on a scheduled rotation
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate
- Five (5) or more years related experience in general aviation to include extensive knowledge of piston powered training aircraft and troubleshooting experience
- Private pilot’s license
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations relating to airworthiness requirements
- Ability to consistently provide a high level of customer service
- Computer proficient including experience with aircraft maintenance tracking software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Successfully pass a Background Check and Drug Screen
- FAA Inspection Authorization