Allagash is looking for a skilled professional in California responsible for planning and executing sales strategies focused on our off-premise West Coast chain business. This role will call on key regional accounts to build partnerships and manage the execution of chain distribution commitments through the three-tier system, ensuring accurate and effective follow through. As we expect to grow our off-premise business substantially over the next several years, including expanding package options, this role is one that can make an immediate impact on company strategy and join a “small but mighty” team of Key Accounts specialists at Allagash Brewing. You will receive extensive training on “selling the Allagash way,” and several trips per year back to the brewery help our field sales team keep a strong connection to the culture and the unique vibe that is Allagash.
This role will serve as subject matter expert on all matters related to Allagash Brewing Company regional off-premise sales in the Western part of the US. Identifying opportunities, bringing strategic ideas to senior leadership, and reliable execution of well detailed plans are expected. The abilities to build relationships at every level, as well as live in data and bring insights and recommendations from the data to light are extremely important.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required, as is proven experience with analyzing data such as VIP, IRI, Nielsen, etc. To be considered, you will need a minimum 3 years industry sales experience and minimum of two years calling on national or regional accounts in some capacity. Must possess valid US driver’s license and a love for travel. This position should be located near a major airport and should be comfortable with extensive auto travel (company car provided.)
Key to success in the role include:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven account call and follow up skills.
- Excellent verbal communication, including negotiation, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience and knowledge of the Craft Beer segment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. Ability to work independently is necessary as there will be minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Strong technical skills are needed: prefer experience with VIP, Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
- Strong understanding of how national accounts operate and how to build brands through wholesalers.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in order to be considered.