We are currently seeking an Embedded Linux Developer with experience building and customizing OS variants for embedded platforms to join our Product Development team in Beltsville, MD. This position provides a great opportunity for the right candidate to make a meaningful impact to Alertus, its customers, and to the mass emergency notification industry.
- Work with other engineers to develop new products and increase capabilities of legacy ones
- Develop customized Linux OS versions for embedded platforms to facilitate support for differences in peripheral sets, functionality, purpose, and test.
- Assist with development of primary application code to run in the user space
- Document and maintain outputs for reuse in future products
- Assist HW and QA teams with features to support testing for prototypes, product validation, and production test
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years working experience with kernel development for embedded ARM platforms including support for various peripherals such as ethernet, audio, serial, and display
- Experience creating interfaces to these peripherals for use by primary application software
- Experience with custom driver development desirable
- Experience with development techniques to support several similar platforms simultaneously
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of repository systems and operating as part of a larger group of developers
- Some experience with Yocto Linux is desirable
- Demonstrate robust analytic thinking skills to be able to investigate and resolve complex technical issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills with understanding how to engage both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 4 year Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field preferred