We are seeking new members of our Impact Analytics team at Aledade to guide intervention strategy and development, evaluate the impact of Aledade’s population health interventions, and use innovative methods to answer pressing business questions. The Analyst will work closely with all divisions of the company including executive leadership, product development and adoption, ACO growth and operations, and technology. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in health care analytics, an understanding of population health strategies, and a passion for having a direct impact on primary care practices and contributing to a data-driven organization.
Founded in 2014, Aledade is a healthcare company funded by Venrock, ARCH Venture Partners, Biomatics Capital and Google Ventures. We help independent primary care physicians deliver better care at lower cost by supporting their transition to value based care for their Medicare and commercial patient populations. Our rapidly expanding national network includes more than 4,000 primary care providers and 650,000 patients, with $2.5B in annual medical spending under management.
Powered by a diverse, dynamic, passionate team of over 200 employees who are committed to changing healthcare in America, Aledade was named a Washington Post Top Workplace in 2018 and was also selected as a finalist for the Top 50 in Digital Health’s Fastest Growing Company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive organizational learning about which population health interventions achieve cost savings and improved health outcomes in Aledade’s network of independent primary care practices. Design and conduct pilot studies and observational analyses. Work across teams at Aledade and with external partners to design field experiments, including randomization and quasi-experimental approaches. Monitor study implementation and data collection. Execute rapid cycle data analyses.
- Design and execute descriptive and predictive analyses to identify opportunities to improve care delivery, contribute to population health product development, and inform Aledade’s growth strategy.
- Employ predictive analysis techniques to target population health interventions and identify strategies that are likely to succeed.
- Work with teams across Aledade to identify implications of analysis results and translate findings into action. Develop dashboards, reports, and data visualizations that communicate insights from the data and inspire action.
- Present analysis results to internal and external audiences, including company executives, product development and ACO operations teams, and clinical staff at Aledade and in our partner practices.
- Contribute to broader dissemination of learnings via external publications, conferences, and other venues as applicable.
- Serve as subject matter expert on study design and quantitative analysis methods. Provide consultation services to other analysts and members of other teams across Aledade. Mentor staff in areas of expertise.
- Excellent quantitative analysis abilities, grounded in epidemiology, biostatistics, econometrics, health informatics, health care analytics or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct nuanced analyses to produce accurate and unbiased results and tell the story of those results in data visualizations and reports.
- Expertise in descriptive and predictive analysis methods. Experience with regression and classification techniques.
- Experience with causal analysis including designing and conducting experimental and quasi-experimental studies (e.g., randomized trials; regression discontinuity, difference-in-differences, instrumental variables, and matched designs).
- Deep experience with health care data sources such as claims, electronic health record, event notification, clinical, and patient reported data.
- Advanced data manipulation skills, including a strong foundation in SQL programming.
- Knowledge of standard methods for measuring health care utilization, spending, quality, and outcomes; risk adjustment; provider profiling; and related analytical tasks.
- Intense attention to detail and data quality assurance.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage competing deadlines and priorities.
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them. We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.