Senior DevOps Manager – Alchemy
Alchemy at Procter and Gamble is actively recruiting a Senior DevOps Manager
At Procter and Gamble, we put our consumers first. At Alchemy within Procter and Gamble, we are made up of collaborative product teams of engineers, designers and product managers who build digital products of superior quality and value to improve the lives of the world's consumers. We work across Procter and Gamble’s brands like Olay, Old Spice, Oral-B and others to understand consumer problems and build innovative solutions at scale.
As a Senior DevOps Manager, you will be a member of the team that is shaping the future of P&G’s marketing technology platforms by step-changing our CRM and consumer data ecosystem, enabling deeper and direct connections with consumers, building digital-native applications, leveraging disruptive technologies, driving agile work process, and bringing thought/do leadership to work every day.
Consumers are at the center of everything we do at P&G – and the Alchemy team plays a critical role in architecting, designing, building and managing the marketing technology stack for our 80 brands and 4.6 billion consumers around the world. Our scope stretches across front-end touchpoints and back-end applications, consumer engagement and relationship management systems, programmatic advertising and data management, algorithm science and data analytics, connected devices and other digital technology that interact with our consumers.
Our team is embarking upon the next generation of cloud-enabled technologies to create deeper, more valuable relationships with our consumers so that they chose to buy P&G products more often – both online and offline. We are looking for a candidate that can build and shape our use of marketing technology, specifically with cloud applications, internal and external API services, consumer data management and data science.
- Responsible for leading a team of Agile DevOps and Operations engineers and oversee the deployment and support of highly scalable, mission-critical production environments
- Duties include monitoring systems, identifying and resolving operational issues, research, development, deployment and maintenance of production applications.
- Play a critical role in the design and delivery of the next generation of P&G’s consumer data platform – including automated CI/CD pipelines to enable agile product delivery across multiple environments and geographies
- Taking ownership of new ideas from concept to launch, and iterate quickly
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen the product/platform and development practices.
Key characteristics for this role:
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute when tasked with multiple, competing priorities
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, passion for solving difficult problems, willingness to take a hands-on role, and a hunger for knowledge
- Desire to test and learn, iterate quickly and seek feedback
- Partner and communicate effectively (both verbal & written) with stakeholders & multi-functional, global teams
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for learning new technologies, skills, tools and idea
- Experience in developing, automating and maintaining CI/CD process for highly scalable, highly available cloud-based or on-premise applications
- Hands-on experience with building and administering VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker, Vagrant or Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud hosting technology stacks and global service delivery models, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with logging and monitoring technologies such as New Relic, Nagios, Log Insight, Sensu, Pingdom, Sentry or others
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C/C++) and the eagerness to learn more
- Experience with web security and software hardening
- Familiarity with developing and integrating Web Services and APIs, and best practices
- Familiarity working with data structures, algorithms, distributed storage, database systems (SQL or NoSQL) and data warehouse technologies
- Familiarity with building, releasing and maintaining mobile apps
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, IT, EE or similar field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.