UI Specialist Job Description - Alchemy
Alchemy at Procter & Gamble is actively recruiting a UI Specialist to join the Gillette OnDemand team.
At Procter & Gamble, we put our consumers first. We are made up of collaborative product teams of engineers, designers and product managers who build digital products of superior quality and value to improve the lives of the world's consumers. We work across Procter & Gamble’s brands like Olay, Old Spice, Oral-B and others to understand consumer problems and build innovative solutions at scale.
Designers at Alchemy work closely with our product managers and engineers to create product experiences, starting from conception through launch. As part of the Design team, you will advocate for the users and guide business goals to meet user needs, getting the opportunity to design products that our consumers love. You will be responsible for designing and executing against best-in-class product roadmaps that advance Procter & Gamble’s mission.
One of the many reasons Alchemy brings innovative, world-changing products to life within Procter & Gamble is because of the collaborative work we do in Design. We're responsible for leading product design, helping product teams understand their users, doing research and discovery, iterating through design and tailoring our solutions to the markets where Procter & Gamble does business.
At Alchemy, a UI Specialist is much more than somebody that makes things pretty. You are more than just a pixel pusher. Yes, you will be responsible for working hand in hand with UX to produce high-quality and intuitive visual prototypes — from concept to execution — but you will be so much more than that. You’re someone who enjoys implementing design rules and ensures they are followed to the letter. You enjoy an application where the tone and voice matches the visuals and experience. You geek out about spectacular visual hierarchy that conveys the intended message in a clear and intelligent way.
You will work with Alchemy Product Managers, Engineers, and Product Stakeholders to successfully convey the voice and feel of the brand, solve the problem at hand, all the while focusing on the user and keeping their needs in mind. The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving and design thinking skills, strong ability to advocate for users through design, and collaborating with technology teams. We are looking for a proven ability to think through every phase of design and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous products that will be industry defining.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Researches and creates a competitor visual analysis and moments of delight analysis
- Visually communicates the path that a UX specialist has laid out
- Makes design rules that ensures uniformity in design decisions and brand guidelines
- Creates a style guide or a design system language (DSL) to ensure the design rules are in place and can be followed by anybody
- Ensures the style guide or DSL is consistently applied and upheld across the entire product line
- Ensures the voice and tone in prototypes align with brand/product goals and guidelines
- Creates a pattern and component library that aligns with usability best practices and design rules set in place
- Ensures the visual hierarchy of elements represent that of the brand/product goals
- Ensures the interactivity and animation enhance the user’s experience and doesn’t take away from the overall experience
- Aids the Front-End Engineer with translating visual design into code through development handoff, including creation of assets that are appropriate across all devices
- Keep up to date on the latest visual best practices, technologies, and industry changes
What we offer you:
- Continuous collaboration, coaching & mentorship – We are passionate about our work and about working with best in class teammates. Our design team is constantly working together to share design knowledge, advance our design practices and help each other grow
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – We live our Purpose, Values, and Principles daily. We value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Challenging problems that will revolutionize consumer packaged goods industry
- A company that’s a recognized global brand leader
- Opportunity for you to have a direct impact on millions of consumers worldwide
What we look for:
- Strong, demonstrable design skills and ability to work from early concepts through visual design
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss design and with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to design while adhering to usability heuristics and best usability standards and practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Familiarity in design concept and prototyping tools such as (but not limited to) Whimsical (or equivalent such as Balsamiq), Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Knowledge of Front-End Development is a nice to have but not a requirement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.