Back End Engineer Job Description - Alchemy
Alchemy at Procter and Gamble is actively recruiting a Back End Engineer.
At Procter and Gamble, we put our consumers first. At Alchemy within Procter and Gamble, we are made up of collaborative product teams of engineers, designers and product managers who build digital products of superior quality and value to improve the lives of the world's consumers. We work across Procter and Gamble’s brands like Olay, Old Spice, Oral-B and others to understand consumer problems and build innovative solutions at scale.
Web engineers at Alchemy do more than just write code. We build microservices that power high traffic solutions for category-leading brands. We architect solutions used internally at the world’s largest consumer packaged goods company.
One of the many reasons Alchemy brings innovative, world-changing products to life within Procter and Gamble is because of the innovate and bleeding edge work we do in web engineering. We’re responsible for deploying infrastructure and applications that will power consumer interactions, enable business intelligence, and drive insights.
Junior and mid-level back end engineers at Alchemy work on the design, development, and deployment of our top-tier web development capabilities. You will be responsible for owning core components of product deliveries and ensuring their quality and test coverage. You’ll work cross-functionally with other disciplines and with other engineers on the team. You will be responsible for taking direction from a technical lead and reporting back progress. You’ll work together to create deadlines and deliverables which you will wholly own.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Work well on a small team
- Self-manage development backlog
- Write testable, efficient code
- Believe strongly in QA and scalability
- Appreciate and form emotion-based opinions on ping pong
- Interact with brand stakeholders as needed
- Collaborate with third party technology providers
What we offer you:
- Continuous coaching & mentorship – We are passionate about our work and about working with best in class teammates
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – We live our Purpose, Values, and Principles daily. We value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Challenging problems that will revolutionize consumer packaged goods industry
- A company that’s a recognized global brand leader
- Opportunity for you to have a direct impact on millions of consumers worldwide
What we look for:
- Demonstrable web development experience
- Clear communication skills
- Experience with Golang, or willingness to learn
- Desire to write testable code, and the test coverage to go along with it
- Experience with microservice architecture and hosting
- Understand CI / CD
- Bonus areas:
- Big data
- Machine learning
- Multi-region deployment infrastructure
- Some ping-pong skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.