Consumer Data Platform - Senior Data Architect
Alchemy at Procter and Gamble is actively recruiting a Senior Data Architect
At Procter and Gamble, we put our consumers first. At Alchemy within Procter and Gamble, we are made up of collaborative product teams of engineers, designers and product managers who build digital products of superior quality and value to improve the lives of the world's consumers. We work across Procter and Gamble’s brands like Olay, Old Spice, Oral-B and others to understand consumer problems and build innovative solutions at scale.
As a Senior Data Architect, you will be a part of team that is shaping the future of P&G’s marketing technology platforms by step-changing our CRM and consumer data ecosystem, enabling deeper and direct connections with consumers, building digital-native applications, leveraging disruptive technologies, driving agile work processes, and bringing thought/do leadership to work every day.
Consumers are at the center of everything we do at P&G – and the Alchemy team plays a critical role in architecting, designing, building and managing the marketing technology stack for our 80 brands and 4.6 billion consumers around the world. Our scope stretches across front-end touchpoints and back-end applications, consumer engagement and relationship management systems, programmatic advertising and consumer data management, algorithm science and data analytics, connected devices and other digital technology that interacts with our consumers.
Our team is embarking upon the next generation of cloud-enabled technologies to create deeper, more valuable relationships with our consumers so that they chose to buy P&G products more often – both online and offline. We are looking for a candidate that can build and shape our use of marketing technology, specifically with cloud applications, internal and external API services, data management platforms and data science.
The Consumer Data Platform Architect position within the Alchemy team is responsible for defining and realizing Architecture for P&G Digital Solutions (1000+ websites & applications, 2bn outbound communications/yr, 250m CRM contacts). The role involves definition, design, implementation, adoption of the Architecture and ensuring that all technologies work effectively together and deliver a complete end-to-end ecosystem across all domains. The position requires a strong background in SOA and Cloud technologies (Azure preferred).
- Define and own Solution Architecture (applications & data technologies) leveraging Azure Cloud environment & service-oriented architecture principles
- Define Logical, Technical & Physical views of Architecture
- Ensure clarity of requirements and address these requirements during Architecture definition. Make sure these are realized during engineering and deployment.
- Define reusable components, frameworks, common schemas, standards & tools to be used
- Mentor and guide Technical Leads & Software Engineer (both internal and external)
- Review application designs to make sure its aligned with the Architecture
- Consult internal application owners & customers on technology choices & feasibility evaluation
- Help PM in identifying key technical risks and mitigation plans, effort estimation and planning
- Experience in defining & realizing end-to-end Solution Architecture for large & complex systems
- 5+ years experience with cloud architecture
- 10+ years of experience in defining and realizing Service Oriented Architectures, consumer data platform experience
- Experience in designing applications using native Cloud services (Azure preferred)
- Experience with cloud-based services like caching, databases, search, etc.
- Experience in using PaaS and Container platforms (Azure PaaS preferred)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Proficient in creating technical documentation (architecture blueprints, design specifications)
- Strong experience in at least one RDBMS
- 2+ years of experience in Node.JS and NoSQL databases
- Deep expertise in at least one application server
- Proficient in Identity Federation and Software defined infrastructure
- Up-to-date with technology trends and possess ability to correlate them with business needs
- Fluent in English (spoken & written)
- Holds a valid US/EU work permit
- P&G-sized projects and access to world leading IT partners and technologies from day one
- Work in international team with global responsibilities
- Coaching programs, trainings and cloud certifications
- Opportunity to grow, change, increase responsibility every few years
- Flexible work arrangements (work from home etc.)
- P&G Vibrant Living programs (sport cards, in-office fitness center)
- Competitive salary and benefits program (private health care, PG stock, saving plans)
- Regular salary increases and possible promotions - all in line with your results and performance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.