Senior Back End Engineer Job Description - Alchemy
Alchemy at Procter and Gamble is actively recruiting a Senior Back End Engineer.
At Procter and Gamble, we put our consumers first. At Alchemy within Procter and Gamble, we are made up of collaborative product teams of engineers, designers and product managers who build digital products of superior quality and value to improve the lives of the world's consumers. We work across Procter and Gamble’s brands like Olay, Old Spice, Oral-B and others to understand consumer problems and build innovative solutions at scale.
Web engineers at Alchemy do more than just write code. We build microservices that power high traffic solutions for category-leading brands. We architect solutions used internally at the world’s largest consumer packaged goods company.
One of the many reasons Alchemy brings innovative, world-changing products to life within Procter and Gamble is because of the innovate and bleeding edge work we do in web engineering. We’re responsible for deploying infrastructure and applications that will power consumer interactions, enable business intelligence, and drive insights.
This Senior-level role requires collaboration across every discipline of the team from user interface and experience designers to product managers. Seniors on the engineering team are also responsible for mentorship and growth of the less experienced developers. They are also owners of technical decision-making and will iterate quickly to find the correct solutions. The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous products that will be industry defining.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Work well on a small team or leading a small team
- Self-manage development backlog
- Write testable, efficient code
- Encourage testable, efficient code for the team at large
- Perform code reviews on all pull requests on projects
- Believe strongly in QA and scalability
- Appreciate and form emotion-based opinions on ping pong
- Interact with brand stakeholders as needed
- Collaborate with third party technology providers
What we offer you:
- Continuous coaching & mentorship – We are passionate about our work and about working with best in class teammates
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – We live our Purpose, Values, and Principles daily. We value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Challenging problems that will revolutionize consumer packaged goods industry
- A company that’s a recognized global brand leader
- Opportunity for you to have a direct impact on millions of consumers worldwide
What we look for:
- Demonstrable web development experience
- Clear communication skills
- Experience with Golang, or willingness to learn
- Desire to write testable code, and the test coverage to go along with it
- Experience with microservice architecture and hosting
- Understand CI / CD
- Bonus areas:
- Big data
- Machine learning
- Multi-region deployment infrastructure
- Some ping-pong skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.