We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. We want someone who will be completely obsessed with making our software perfect.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track QA metrics. You should feel comfortable helping with test coverage or demanding better from the developers.
The QA engineer’s role is to make sure our products will work as intended and play nice with others. Our ideal candidate will approach a product as something for mass consumption. We deploy at scale. We live and die by dependability, reliability, and ease-of-use. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, let’s meet up.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards. You should be willing to stand in the way of a deployment if you’re not confident it will work as intended.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Aid the engineering team in writing quality test coverage
- Be opinionated on logging, reporting, and proactive quality assurance
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs, assigning them to team members where necessary
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts. (Bonus: know what defect densities are)
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development (ideally nodejs or Golang, but not required)
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- AWS experience is a huge bonus
Who We Are:
Alchemy is a team of designers, engineers, and product managers at Procter & Gamble. We lift our brands to a heightened level of enlightenment by understanding their problems and building innovative solutions at scale. Our team must abide by the following commandments:
- Fight for the best idea.
- Move fast.
- Obsess over the user.
- Lead the pack.
We keep it weird.