Product Manager Job Description - Alchemy
Alchemy at Procter and Gamble is actively recruiting a Product Manager.
At Procter and Gamble, we put our consumers first. At Alchemy within Procter and Gamble, we are made up of collaborative product teams of engineers, designers and product managers who build digital products of superior quality and value to improve the lives of the world's consumers. We work across Procter and Gamble’s brands like Olay, Old Spice, Oral-B and others to understand consumer problems and build innovative solutions at scale.
Product Managers at Alchemy work closely with our engineers and designers to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you will bridge the technical, business and brand world as you design products that our consumers love. You will be responsible for developing and executing against best-in-class product roadmaps that advance Procter and Gamble’s mission.
One of the many reasons Alchemy brings innovative, world-changing products to life within Procter and Gamble is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle and tailoring our solutions to the markets where Procter and Gamble does business.
This role requires coordination across your internal product team and stakeholders and will be visible within multiple levels of the company. You’ll work with Alchemy engineers, designers and operational stakeholders to prioritize product roadmap features, and design new capabilities for consumers. You will lead product vision and work with Senior Product Managers to align with your product roadmap within the brand category. The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous products that will be industry defining.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Tirelessly champion the needs of our consumers
- Build the business case for your agile product roadmap, and measure and report to stakeholders on impact of product within the market
- Be responsible for product performance
- Keep up to date on the latest [insert functional area … eCommerce/digital/technology] best practices, strategies, technologies and industry changes
- Present and align on roadmap with senior leadership team on a recurring basis
- Evangelize the product vision and motivate team-members critical to the product’s success by developing and telling the story of what we’re building, why we’re building it, how the team will get there, and why we’ll win as a result
- Create a strong team working environment and culture with high morale and productivity
- Move quickly and with agility
- Break down strategies into meaningful consumer stories
- Continuously improving your product and process
- Drive execution and remove roadblocks by prioritizing and descoping features when necessary, stepping in as an individual contributor for others, and making swift judgement calls when teams are at an impasse
- Research and identify new opportunities for Procter and Gamble to innovate on behalf of our consumers
- Be an active participant in, and champion of, Alchemy’s culture within Procter and Gamble
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution ·
- Analyze consumer research to develop key brand insights
What we offer you:
- Continuous coaching & mentorship – We are passionate about our work and about working with best in class teammates
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – We live our Purpose, Values, and Principles daily. We value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Challenging problems that will revolutionize consumer packaged goods industry
- A company that’s a recognized global brand leader
- Opportunity for you to have a direct impact on millions of consumers worldwide
What we look for:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.