UX Designer Job Description - Alchemy
Alchemy at Procter & Gamble is actively recruiting a UX Designer to join the Olay team.
At Procter & Gamble, we put our consumers first. We are made up of collaborative product teams of engineers, designers and product managers who build digital products of superior quality and value to improve the lives of the world's consumers. We work across Procter & Gamble’s brands like Olay, Old Spice, Oral-B and others to understand consumer problems and build innovative solutions at scale.
Designers at Alchemy work closely with our product managers and engineers to create product experiences, starting from conception through launch. As part of the Design team, you will advocate for the users and guide business goals to meet user needs, getting the opportunity to design products that our consumers love. You will be responsible for designing and executing against best-in-class product roadmaps that advance Procter & Gamble’s mission.
One of the many reasons Alchemy brings innovative, world-changing products to life within Procter & Gamble is because of the collaborative work we do in Design. We're responsible for leading product design, helping product teams understand their users, doing research and discovery, iterating through design and tailoring our solutions to the markets where Procter & Gamble does business.
At Alchemy, a UX Specialist is much more than somebody that makes things pretty. This role requires someone who thinks at a high level — who can start from understanding users and bringing that into the product team. You’ll be digging into the “how”, the “why”, and the “what”. You’re someone who enjoys starting with hand sketches and low-fidelity design while collaborating with UI to work towards the final design. You love conducting user interviews, user testing, research, and helping to ensure that usability doesn’t deviate through execution. You have experience in creating journey maps, user flows, wireframes (or flows, if you like mixing it up), and helping always bring the team back to the problem we’re solving and who we’re solving it for.
You’ll work with Alchemy Engineers, Product Managers and Product Stakeholders to build product experiences, and spearhead the user research and design early in the process. The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving and design thinking skills, strong ability to advocate for users through design, and collaborating with technology teams. We are looking for a proven ability to think through every phase of design and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous products that will be industry defining.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Tirelessly champion the needs of our consumers
- Be responsible for initial user research, discovery, product design, and consumer testing
- Keep up to date on the latest UX best practices, strategies, technologies and industry changes
- Evangelize the product experience and help bring in cross-functional team members into design and sharing user insights
- Move quickly and with agility
- Be an active participant in, and champion of, Alchemy’s culture within Procter & Gamble
- Manage and collaborate on the entire product design cycle from initial research through design and implementation
- Analyze consumer research to develop key brand insights
What we offer you:
- Continuous collaboration, coaching & mentorship – We are passionate about our work and about working with best in class teammates. Our design team is constantly working together to share design knowledge, advance our design practices and help each other grow
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – We live our Purpose, Values, and Principles daily. We value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Challenging problems that will revolutionize consumer packaged goods industry
- A company that’s a recognized global brand leader
- Opportunity for you to have a direct impact on millions of consumers worldwide
What we look for:
- Strong communication skills in discussing and communicating design concepts with internal teams and external stakeholders or clients
- Strong, demonstrable design skills and ability to work from early UX concepts through visual UI design
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss design and with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to design while adhering to usability heuristics and best usability standards and practices; following user-centered principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Familiarity in design concept and prototyping tools such as (but not limited to) Whimsical (or equivalent such as Balsamiq), Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Bonus points for demonstrated experience in design thinking and utilizing best design practices in your work
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.