Central Office Technician Level 3
Alamon is looking for a Level 3 tech in Omaha Nebraska with experience in the installation of Adtran TA 5000, ASR 9010, Ciena, 5150, 6500, Z33 Z77 Coriant 7100, Nano, Fujitsu 4100, 4500, 9500, Calix and Nokia 7360. Candidates must be able to write MOP's and DMOP's and all associated paperwork that is required for the job. The Central Office Technician must have knowledge of Centurylink 77350 and 77385 practices.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who provides high-quality workmanship and has excellent customer service skills both in person and over the phone and is able to multi-task under pressure. Must be able to work alone. Must have a working knowledge of Installing Ironwork and earthquake bracing and be proficient in using power tools to complete the installs. Experience with pulling and lacing of cable. Need to be able to climb ladders and lift at least 50 lbs. This job requires extensive travel. Proficient with a Laptop.
Qualifications of the Central Office Technician:
Trade school or equivalent experience
· Extensive understanding of hand tools, test equipment and ability to use a computer to interface with customer products
· Ability to read and interpret floor plans, rack drawings, and customer-provided work orders.
· Ability to work effectively with engineers, technicians, and customers
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications: Email, Excel, Word
· Ability to communicate effectively, including proficiency in written and verbal communications, with strong listening skills
· Excellent time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities
· Wage will depend on experience
· Must have a valid Driver’s License
· Must pass a comprehensive background check and drug screening
· Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel
· Employer-paid health insurance
Life Insurance Policy
· Paid holidays
· Personal Time off
· ESOP benefits; as an employee-owned company [Employee Stock Ownership Program]
Alamon Inc. is a Montana-based employee-owned company that has been providing contract labor to the telecommunications industry since 1975. We offer workforce solutions to industry-leading equipment manufacturers, communications companies and utilities nationwide.