SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
GREATER NEW YORK, PHILADELPHIA AREA, OR REMOTE
ALTAIR INTEGRATED SERVICES: RUNNING THE BUSINESS OF DIGITAL
As a management consulting firm, we provide deep technology expertise for the evolving insurance and financial service industries. Join us supporting organizations delivering technology innovation, optimization and talent acquisition
WORKING AT ALTAIR
We are focused on pushing the boundary between possibility and reality. We challenge ourselves to pursue excellence and value creativity and passion. Our customers know us for our desire to succeed beyond expectations. Our success comes from loving what we do and caring about people we work with.
A Senior Software Developer has a history of designing, owning and shipping software, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills. With a focus on cloud-based application development, the candidate must have demonstrable experience architecting and deploying applications to cloud platforms, the ability to effectively integrate disparate services as needed, and decide when to implement IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS components. As a mentor to junior developers, the senior software developer should have a solid understanding of the software development cycle, from architecture to testing. They should have a passion for quality and be a creative thinker. A senior developer will write secure, reliable, scalable, and maintainable code, and then effectively debug it, test it and support it live. This person should also be comfortable owning a feature and making decisions independently and should have leadership experience with agile methodologies, such as the Scrum approach to agile software development. Another aspect of a senior software developer is that they can effectively gather customer requirements, and ask clarifying questions when needed. This person must be able to translate these requirements to actionable tasks they will perform, or delegate to members of the team. The ideal candidate will have experience in a customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and design discussions with senior executives. Eight plus years of experience with deep understanding of web technologies, API consumption/development, full lifecycle application development, database development (relational and/or NoSQL), and enterprise/cloud architecture. Technical BS degree in Computer Science desirable.
· API consumption and development, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of
· Provide validation on specific scenarios, document and share technical best practices,
further customer investment, hybrid solutions on premises or in the cloud, industry-visible, CI /Continuous Deployment.
· Lift and shift, migrations and upgrades (SQL, etc.), on-premises to cloud, production environment, projects where data is born in the cloud.
· Cross-platform SQL Server migration, server-side/desktop development, service architecture, size of project team (complexity), significant challenges, source code repository management.
· Be a team lead / scrum master for web application development team.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Open and collaborative environment.
- Eligible employees are offered a generous matching 401(k), excellent healthcare coverage (medical/dental/vision), short and long term disability, life insurance and long term care options.
- Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
No Agencies Please
Contact us for more details!