SOLUTIONS DATA ARCHITECT
TRI-STATE AREA, STAMFORD, CT
ALTAIR INTEGRATED SERVICES: RUNNING THE BUSINESS OF DIGITAL
As a management consulting firm, we provide deep technology expertise for the evolving insurance and financial service industries. Join us supporting organizations delivering technology innovation, optimization and talent acquisition
WORKING AT ALTAIR
We are focused on pushing the boundary between possibility and reality. We challenge ourselves to pursue excellence and value creativity and passion. Our customers know us for our desire to succeed beyond expectations. Our success comes from loving what we do and caring about people we work with.
The Solutions Architect has the experience and knowledge necessary to help design, build and support our new on premise and cloud based data and analytics infrastructure. The position will research and design data and architecture solutions to solve business problems and meet evolving business needs. The position is responsible for designing, building, maintaining core systems and applications related to the data and analytics projects.
Design, build and implement data and application infrastructure solutions
· Design and implement master data management and database access methods
· Work on new systems planning, overall security best practices and automation
· Provide advice and make decisions about which on premise and cloud technologies would be suitable to use for various projects, assess and evaluate risk for the solutions as required
· Application functional and performance monitoring, root cause analysis and resolution
· Design and maintain environment configuration specifications, manage upgrade and deployment processes through all lifecycle stages
· Understand business strategies and requirements and develop necessary technical designs and plans to ensure projects and solutions satisfy those needs
· Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as needed
· Assist in support of business development opportunities as requested
· Act as a contributing member of the project team from project inception to completion
· Work with project teams to help determine and advise the technical scope for new projects
· Maintain understanding of how work and decisions fit into the broader organizational and team picture
· Work with procurement on costing information and quotes as necessary for the technical solutions designed
· Produce and maintain high quality technical documentation for systems, applications and processes
· Keep skills updated and remain proactively aware of happenings and current events in the industry
· 10+ years of hands-on experience working with data tools within the Microsoft data platform with a demonstrated understanding of most of the following technologies and one or more languages
· Data Visualization Tools: Power BI, Tableau, Arcadia, Qlik
· Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Data Lakes, NoSQL, Hive, Pig, Spark, Oozie, StreamSets
· Azure: Azure SQL Databases, HDInsight, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Lake Analytics
· Scripting: Perl, PowerShell, SQL, Azure Automation
· Development Languages: C#, C/C++, Python, Java, Scala
· Predictive Analytics: R, Azure Machine Learning
· Creation, deployment and management of containers; Docker and Kubernetes experience a plus
· Creation, deployment and management of Cloud based resources; Azure experience required, AWS a plus
· IT Automation and Configuration Management; Azure DevOps, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible experience
· 10+ years of hands-on experience building, configuring, managing and supporting Windows and Linux operating systems
· Knowledge of cloud and hybrid-cloud implementations including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
· Experience managing and mentoring employees with a proven track record of growing talent from within an organization
· Strong analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear technical execution
· Ability to translate requirements into clean, efficient and quality technical solutions
· Proven ability to prioritize, self-direct and execute at required velocity
· Passion to deliver craftsman-quality work both individually and as part of a team
· Solid communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Desire to learn new skills and grow core competencies
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
10+ years hands-on experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent technical education in a directly related area
· Experience designing, building, and evolving enterprise grade platforms and software
· IT Infrastructure and cloud design and development
· Proven history of generating innovative and effective solutions
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Experience with database management and proper systems security best practices
· Willingness to work independently and as part of a team
· Knowledge of Insurance and Reinsurance a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Open and collaborative environment.
- Eligible employees are offered a generous matching 401(k), excellent healthcare coverage (medical/dental/vision), short and long term disability, life insurance and long term care options.
- Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
No Agencies Please
Contact us for more details!