Otter.ai's mission is to make all-important voice conversations and meeting notes accessible and searchable through Ambient Voice Intelligence, a platform that includes proprietary speech and speaker recognition technology. We've raised $23 million to date from leading investors, built an awesome team of engineers and speech scientists, and was selected by Zoom Video Communications to power transcription and search for recorded meetings.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Customer Success team is on a mission to delight our customers who rely on our products in their daily lives. We’re an operational team that focuses on delivering excellent customer care and being there for customers when they need us most. Our team is fast-paced, relentlessly resourceful, and infectiously positive. We represent the voice of the customer and work closely with cross-functional partners across Otter.ai to make our products and policies better. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development.
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join as an early member of the team. We are a very small team and need a self-starter who can quickly learn the ins and outs of Otter.ai, with excellent analytical and communication skills. Successful candidates for this team have a strong bias towards action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren’t afraid to fail.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Prioritize and deliver outstanding customer service, troubleshooting and resolving issues from customers.
- Serve as the voice of the customer in identifying product enhancements and making sure new products launch with customer usability in mind.
- Manage complex customer inquiries by applying deep product expertise.
- Advocate for new product features and assist customers in the adoption of new products to help them build long-term success. Provide documentation and technical guidance to ensure their success.
- Engage with cross-functional partners (including Engineering and Product teams) to identify and resolve product bugs/issues.
- Identify opportunities and deliver solutions to scale or otherwise improve Otter.ai's support operations.
- Contribute to the development of internal tools and processes, including developing documentation and training materials.
What skills do I need? 📖
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ years of client-facing experience, ideally of a technical nature.
- Experience working with internet products and technologies.
- Customer-first attitude with a strong sense of empathy.
- Impeccable written communication skills. Effectively articulate information to both technical and non-technical customers.
- An organized, responsible and motivated individual, with the ability to work well as part of a fast-paced team.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new emerging products.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Experience using Zendesk, Jira, or similar issue tracking tools.
*Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
**Please note: Otter.ai does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Otter.ai employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.