Otter.ai's mission is to make all-important voice conversations accessible and searchable through Ambient Voice Intelligence, a platform that includes its proprietary speech and speaker recognition technology. The company has raised $23 million to date from leading investors, built an awesome team of engineers and speech scientists, and was selected by Zoom Video Communications to power transcription and search for recorded meetings.
Our main product is Otter: a smart, note-taking and collaboration app that empowers you to remember, search, and share your voice conversations. Try it now at http://otter.ai
, App Store
, and Google Play
As a Data Analyst, you will be part of the Growth team and the first analytical hire. You will be working with a variety of stakeholders (including the founding team) across the whole organization. The ideal candidate will be extremely curious, detail-oriented, have a strong background in statistics and be obsessed with results.
- Partner with product, marketing, and sales teams to help drive insights, identify opportunities, and understand behavior and long-term trends.
- Take a leading role in producing new datasets that unlock business opportunities.
- Manage the design and analysis of experiments; develop and socialize a rigorous culture of experimentation throughout the entire company.
- Play a foundational role in building a data culture at Otter.ai through reproducible work, improved processes, and better tooling.
- Develop hypotheses and test them with data, rather than solely or primarily attempt to glean patterns from the data already in front of us
- Define and monitor key metrics through consistent tracking, KPI’s, and dashboards.
- MS or BS in computer science, statistics, or related technical field
- 3+ years of work experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer
- Experienced in SQL and Excel
- Excellent communication, relationship skills, and a strong team player
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard statistical techniques like significance testing, regression modeling, etc
- Familiar with Python
- Familiar with the SaaS business model is a plus
- Stock. Be a [literal] stakeholder in our company’s future.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals and boundless snacks.
- Fun. We host team lunches weekly and team events bi-quarterly.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance.
*Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
**Please note: Otter.ai does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Otter.ai employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.